3601 E 1ST ST
KIPP LA Public Schools is a non-profit organization that operates free, open-enrollment, college-preparatory public charter schools serving students in South, Southeast, and East Los Angeles. KIPP LA’s mission is to teach the academic skills, foster the intellectual habits, and cultivate the character traits needed for our students to thrive in school, college, and life. Through the success of our students, KIPP LA's team and family will serve as a model of excellence and collaborate with others to raise the quality of education in Los Angeles.
KIPP LA currently operates 15 schools and serves approximately 6,500 students. Our team is expanding rapidly; over the next five years, we will more than double the number of students we serve.
- The Registrar is the data and student information expert at the school. As such, this person is responsible for maintaining impeccable student information data and record keeping, assisting with seamless school operations, and supporting excellent teaching and learning by providing data to inform decisions. Specifically, the Registrar works closely with the regional Data and Operations Teams, the School Operations Team, and School Admin Team to ensure the school’s student information is accurate, compliant, and actionable.
- The Registrar is responsible for managing the student registration process, scheduling students, ensuring accurate daily attendance, minimizing chronic absenteeism, maintaining complete student records, and running report cards and progress reports.
Lottery & Enrollment
- Manages the collection of student interest forms and ensures that they are accurately entered into KIPP LA’s lottery management system
- Supports with school lottery event and family communication (pre and post lottery)
- Manages accepted and waiting lists in KIPP LA’s lottery management system
- Manages the distribution and collection of enrollment packets and/or online enrollment procedures for families of admitted students
- Enrolls students into Illuminate, KIPP LA’s student information system, and California Longitudinal Pupil Achievement Data System (CALPADS)
- Prepares withdrawal forms for transferring students and processes student withdrawals in Illuminate and CALPADS
Student Information & Data
- Manages and maintains student data in Illuminate, and ensures integrity of data at all times
- Streamlines processes and customizes features within the Illuminate system in order to improve user experience, operational efficiency and yield better data management practices
- Serves as school point-person for student schedules and course assignments, quarterly and progress report cards, and transcripts
- Manages Illuminate’s parent portal system
- Maintains student cumulative records in accordance with federal and school-based policies, as well as audit guidelines
- Ensures confidentiality and security of office space, files, and all information pertaining to students, parents, staff, and community
- Ensures the accuracy of students’ daily attendance, as well as tardy, truancy, and early leave logs
- Prepares monthly attendance reports; weekly attendance verifications, and supports with bi-annual attendance submissions
- Trains and works with teachers to ensure attendance is completed timely and accurately each day
- Supports the goal of achieving a high ADA by communicating expectations of attendance to families, managing letters and communication to repeat truancy offenders, and supporting on attendance related incentives and activities
- Coordinates attendance interventions as needed.
Student Data Integrity & Reporting
- Complete annual reporting of student demographic, enrollment and suspension data to CALPADS
- Maintain the accuracy of CALPADS throughout the year
- Participate in regional audits to ensure 100% accuracy of student data
- Self-audit student data to ensure regional audits produce no findings
- Support with student information-specific data requests relating to compliance and reporting requirements for KIPP LA (internal stakeholders, grant reports, research requests, KIPP Foundation, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Proficiency in Spanish (verbal and written) preferred
- Prior school experience preferred
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word; Experience with Google Apps a plus
- Experience with managing and entering data with at least 95% accuracy; familiarity with data management systems (Illuminate, CALPADS, Smart Choice, SchoolMint, School Messenger) a plus
- Ability to manage ambiguity and multiple priorities inherent in fast-paced work environments
- Ability to establish relationships and communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders
KIPP LA Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation/gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish fluency preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply using the link provided: https://jobs.lever.co/kippla/6e41035a-1407-40ea-ba4c-b5dc05d94c7d?lever-origin=applied&lever-source%5B%5D=Idealist