NWSE invites qualified candidates to submit application materials now for our International Program Coordinator position, primarily responsible for exchange programs of German-speaking exchange students.
- Coordinating student programs in compliance with CSIET and Department of State regulations
- Working directly with program stake holders: host families, students, schools and local coordinators
- Ensuring student and host family program success and enjoyment
- Coordinating Programs primarily for German-speaking high school exchange students
- Customer-friendly and professional communication with clients, incl. foreign partner organizations
- Collaborative problem solving
- Collaborating with NWSE team members on projects, program compliance, and cultural events
- Accurately organizing and managing compliance documentation
- Screening students and host families via interviews and application review
- Communicate with overseas partners and local NWSE coordinators
- Sending program reminders throughout the year (listing second visitors, check-in calls, receiving school schedules, HF moves, program extension process, general DOS compliance reminders, etc.)
- Fluent German speaking and writing skills (our largest group of participants is German-speaking)
- Relevant previous experience (e.g. strong customer service, communication, program coordination, organizational and office application skills…)
- Commitment to the goals of student exchange, cultural learning, program success and student safety
- Four-year college degree, preferably in a related international field
- Relevant experience living, studying and/or working abroad
- Experience working in a multi-tasked setting with youth and diverse groups
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, enthusiastic, energetic personality with sense of humor
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and writing skills
- Strong multitasking, team and planning skills, with proven ability to complete projects on time
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, problem solving and communication skills
- Ability and desire to work in an open, collaborative office environment
- Previous experience in coordinating projects, exchange programs and/or international travel
Health/vision/dental Insurance; Vacation; Sick/emergency leave days; Retirement Plan
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in German and English
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please e-mail your MS Word-formatted or PDF resume, cover letter, one writing sample (in German) and references with the subject line "International Program Coordinator" to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants must have legal permission to work in the U.S. Preference is given to applicants who reside in the greater Seattle area.
We look forward to receiving your application!