Director, Operations & Administrative Services-Lower Manhattan
- Job posted by Food Bank For New York City
Title: Director, Operations and Administrative Services
Department: Operations – Administrative Services
Reports to: Vice President, Operations and Administrative Services
Location(s): 39 Broadway with some travel to Bronx location on a monthly basis
FLSA Status: Exempt
Who We Are:
For 35 years, Food Bank For New York City has been the city’s major hunger-relief organization working to end hunger throughout the five boroughs. Nearly one in five New Yorkers relies on Food Bank for food and other resources. Food Bank takes a strategic, multifaceted approach that provides meals and builds capacity in the neediest communities, while raising awareness and engagement among all New Yorkers. Through its network of more than 1,000 charities and schools citywide, Food Bank provides food for more than 61 million free meals per year for New Yorkers in need. Food Bank For New York City’s income support services, including food stamps (also known as SNAP) and free tax assistance for the working poor, put more than $110 million each year into the pockets of New Yorkers, helping them to afford food and achieve greater dignity and independence. Food Bank’s nutrition education programs and services empower more than 50,000 children, teens and adults to sustain a healthy diet and active lifestyle on a limited budget. Working toward long-term solutions to food poverty, Food Bank develops policy and conducts research to inform community and government efforts.
To learn more about who we are, our organizational core values, and how we serve as Food Bankers, please visit Our Approach.
The Director, Operations and Administrative Services serves as the lead of all business and administrative processes, including budget development, emergency management & coordination, security, procurement, office management, facilities management, and contracts management. This position will ensure an efficient and safe working environment by being committed to continuous improvement by utilizing continuous improvement guiding principles to meet the needs of the organization.
As the Director of Operations and Administrative Services you will be a key member of the Administrative Services Department team and will strategize and collaborate with colleagues to assess areas that need process improvements while providing business operations guidance and training.
This role will help Food Bank For New York City reach our strategic goals by leading in these areas:
- Effectively develop and train staff on administrative / procurement policies and procedures that include contracts for services, program materials, wholesale food and produce vendors;
- Ensure coordination of Food Bank’s nutrition education program order fulfillment and distribution of materials in accordance with company policies, funding requirements and program specifications; Coordinate the logistics of material equipment and deliveries for Nutrition Education sites.
- Committed to continuous process improvements that promote maximum efficiency and productivity while minimizing operational inefficiencies;
- Collaborate with all Food Bank departments to ensure compliance with procurement policies and determine potential for cost savings through vendor consolidation, access to purchasing contracts or other strategies
- Develop and maintain relationship with Feeding America and other Food Banks in support of food and produce procurement;
- Oversee office administration, including oversight of organization administrative contracts and supplies;
- Manage internal moves and emergency procedures for the organization;
- Maintain business continuity and disaster plans ensuring that new employees are trained in the process and collaborating with Member Services to ensure our member agencies are up to date on business continuity plans.
Leadership and Management
Provide leadership, management and development for administrative team ensuring goals and projects of each area are set and achieved.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred with 4 years relevant experience in one or more of the following: procurement, business administration, budget/finance, facilities management, or other related field.
- The ability to work in a team environment, collaborate with multiple departments, work across multiple facets of the organization, properly prioritize daily activities, and to understand operational issues in a complex, fast-paced environment is essential in this position
- Experience working with and supporting cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication and customer services skills, with the ability to interact with diverse constituencies and maintain the highest level of professionalism.
- Ability to work comfortably in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Experience in managing multiple projects with a mix of external and internal stakeholders
- Commitment to Food Bank’s core values of Leadership, Network, Stewardship and Innovation.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint SharePoint and Outlook
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Ability to set priorities, manage projects and juggle multiple priorities to meet deadlines and deliverables;
- Experience in or knowledge of social services and hunger issues is a plus
- Demonstrated commitment to Food Bank’s core values
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous process improvement
- Analysis and Reporting
- Negotiation skills
- Problem analysis
- Team work
- Budget Management
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please kindly submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you!