2078 2nd Avenue
The NORC Social Worker is responsible for providing supportive counselling and case management services to residents age 60+ of the Franklin Plaza Apartments.
· Provide case management services to NORC participants. Conduct comprehensive needs assessments and develop and implement care plans based on identified needs. Conduct regular follow-up to ensure that participants’ needs are being met. Meet with family members, caregivers, and others who play a key role in the participants’ lives as dictated by the care plan. Provide short-term case assistance as indicated.
· Meet contractual obligations related to service units of case management and case assistance.
· Identify appropriate resources to respond to participant needs and make any referrals necessary to implement care plans. Provide follow-up with clients and collateral contacts as indicated.
· Input data into the DFTA database and maintain comprehensive electronic and paper case files, including intakes, care plans, case progress notes, event participation, and units of service provided, as well as any important documents.
· Plan and assist at special events for NORC participants, such as parties, concerts, and trips.
· Perform outreach to potential participants via telephone contact and other means. Inform Franklin Plaza residents about NORC activities and connect residents with NORC services
· Master’s Degree in Social Work.
· Demonstrated experience with aging populations preferred.
· Demonstrated experience with working as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
· Excellent organizational, verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
· Strong problem solving skills.
· Excellent computer skills.
· Knowledge of East Harlem community and health/service networks and resources in East Harlem a plus.
· Bilingual (English/Spanish or English/Chinese) preferred.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required