Details: CCNB offers competitive salaries and a generous benefits package.
11 Pimentel Court
The Grant Writer is responsible for securing institutional giving that furthers the mission and sustainability of the organization. This position plays a critical role in maintaining and increasing grant funding that builds on the strengths of the organization. The Grant Writer is responsible for all aspects of the grant procurement and reporting process.
• Writes and submits proposals and funding requests with narratives and budgets (created by finance dept) for grants and gifts between $5,000 and $500,000 (and occasionally larger capital grants) in response to specific corporate and foundation interests, institutional priorities and areas of greatest potential impact.
• Responsible for the work flow and effectiveness of the grant procurement process (private foundation, corporate, and select government grants), including: prospect research, strategic planning and goal setting, timeline management, proposal and materials development, grant submission, funder cultivation, report development, acknowledgement, and administration.
• Writes and submits timely and accurate grant reports (both narrative and data) on a monthly, quarterly, bi-annual, and annual basis.
• Manages proposal and report calendars
• Develops and implements best practices for meeting and exceeding high performance grant procurement targets.
• Maintains in-depth knowledge of all programs and strategic plans in order to advise on potential new funding opportunities.
• Cultivates relationships with major funders and prospects to broaden networks, identify potential funding opportunities and solicit support.
• Builds and grows a network of relationships that support institutional giving growth.
• Maintains ongoing awareness of the specific trends, opportunities and challenges within the funder community.
• Works with senior management to identify ongoing and potential projects suitable for grant funding.
• Implements a process and develops cultivation materials for regular communications with funders and prospects.
• Facilitates cross-functional teams as necessary for grant development and fulfillment.
• Prepares and leads briefing meetings for donor solicitation visits, ensuring all meeting attendees are knowledgeable with the donor relationship and aligned with meeting goals.
• Coordinates with Development & Marketing Assistant to ensure that grants and pledges are recorded using Raiser’s Edge, including proposal and action tracking.
• Supports the budget development and strategic planning process as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Extensive experience and successful track record with grant writing and grant management
• Ability to work effectively independently as well as collaboratively and a desire to achieve;
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
• Excellent attention to detail and strong project management skills;
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple complex tasks and maintain composure under demanding deadlines;
• Ability to administer a large-scale, highly collaborative grant program involving cross-department team members;
• Proven problem-solving skills and solutions-focused attitude;
• Flexibility in approach and willingness to adapt when necessary;
• Proactive and action-oriented personality; strong sense of pace and urgency;
• Ability to synthesize verbal and written sources of information and data into coherent program case statements that meet grantor needs and application requirements;
• Enthusiasm and passion for CCNB’s mission and programs.
• Excellent computer skills, including Excel, Word, and Access
• Familiarity with Raisers Edge and Salesforce a plus.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
• Education – A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
• Experience – Proven successful track-record in non-profit fundraising. 5+ years of grant writing preferred, including experience securing foundation, corporate, and government grants.
• Demonstrated commitment to youth development and/or the environment.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is required to walk; use hands to operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Perform simple grasping and fine manipulation. There are normal office working conditions and associated physical demands. For example, on a continuous basis, sit at a desk using a computer and in meetings for long periods of time. Intermittently twist to reach equipment-surrounding desk. May be expected to lift and move containers weighing up to 25 lbs.
CCNB is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to staff diversity. We welcome qualified persons of all backgrounds to apply.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please include a cover letter with your resume.