Child Care Resource and Referral (CCR & IV) Family Support Navigator (Bilingual Spanish)
- Job posted by Children's Council of San Francisco
Children's Council of San Francisco
445 Church Street
About this Position
Child Care Resource and Referral is the entry point for many families into Children’s Council’s services. CCR&R IV Family Support Navigators provide proactive support to high-need families through all aspects of their child care search process, including specialized support to particularly high-need families. Navigators meet families where they are, flexibly responding to their needs in a way that build on their strengths. They build community relationships and share child care information with families, child care educators and community partners. Successful navigators have a passion for providing families concrete support in times of need and increasing parent knowledge, skills and resiliency, as well as a commitment to collaboration and coordination to meet families’ needs. Navigators support all Children’s Council departments by connecting families to our other programmatic offerings and providing superior customer service. This position reports to the Family Support Manager.
* Navigators help high-need families through:
o Working one-one-one with families to provide education on choosing quality child care, child care referrals, assistance applying for subsidies, and being responsive to families through follow-up support.
o Proactive coaching, including short- and long-term goal-setting and helping families remove barriers to goals.
o Specialized supports to families with children who have special needs and/or experiencing Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs1).
o Family advocacy, including proactive outreach to child care programs on behalf of families, assessing goodness of fit, and accompanying families on visits to child care programs, as needed.
o Case management support including connecting families to additional services through “warm-handoffs” at Children’s Council, and in the community.
* Build and maintain professional connections with relevant community partners.
* Participate as back-up to the CCR&R rotation schedule to assist families with their child care search process; back-up support to front desk, as needed.
* Share best practices to help peers effectively support individual families.
Knowledge Management and Learning
* Track family outcomes, produce summary reports, and regularly reflect on ways to improve services.
* Share knowledge, assist, and learn from peers across the organization to deepen understanding of our services.
Education and Outreach to Families
* Provide back-up support to CCR&R Education and Outreach Specialists:
o Will educate parents and stakeholders about child care resources and referral support.
o Represent Children’s Council at community outreach events.
Additional duties as assigned.
* You are a high energy “people person” with a positive attitude and an easy manner.
* You consider yourself an excellent communicator- you enjoy finding new ways to deliver information and engage your audience.
* You can manage stressful situations and conflict with grace and poise.
* You have experience working with families and enjoy meeting and serving a diverse population.
* You are naturally an emphatic listener.
* Fluency with English and Cantonese
* Bachelor’s degree required in child development, social work, counseling, or any related field. Master’s degree preferred.
* Strong knowledge of child development or child care.
* Specialized knowledge meeting the needs of at least one of the following: working with children with special needs and/or those experiencing ACEs2.
* Three years of professional work experience in early childhood education or family services.
* Experience case managing and coaching families and desire to deepen parent and families support skills, knowledge and resiliency.
* Commitment to collaboration and coordination across teams and with external stakeholders to meet the needs of families.
* Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively.
* Ability to summarize data/case notes, look for trends and share analysis with others to improve programming.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
* Mental acuity to perform the essential functions of this position in an accurate and timely fashion; and the ability to support families experiencing trauma.
* Ability to sit for extended periods, work at a desk, and/or use a phone for extended amounts of time.
* Ability to speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly in normal conversations and over the telephone.
* The ability to climb up to four flights of stairs, if needed.
* Manual dexterity to use a telephone, computer or any other office equipment.
* Physical agility to bend, stoop, walk, and reach overhead.
Children's Council is a family-friendly workplace offering full-time eligible employees 22 days paid vacation, 13 paid holidays, 401K with employer match, and health/dental/vision benefits upon successful completion of 30-day introductory period.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual in Spanish.
Minimum Education Required