2 Research Parkway
Responsible for assisting in the day-to-day physical operations and appearance of Connecticut Food Bank’s Warehouse in accordance with Feeding America’s standards. Reports to the Warehouse Manager.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
1. Receives and unloads all incoming shipments.
2. Inspects all donations and reports any problems to Warehouse Manager.
3. Accurately counts and completes all associated paperwork.
4. Stores product appropriately (dry, freezer and cooler) in a reasonably accessible manner.
5. Picks and stages loads for distribution to branches, SDO’s and member agencies.
6. Loads trucks for outgoing shipments.
7. Assists with quality control and inventory.
8. Fills in for other operations staff when necessary and appropriate.
9. Performs other related duties as assigned by the Warehouse Manager or Operations Director.
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds.
- Pallet jack/forklift certification.
- 3 years of general warehousing knowledge.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Must be able to contribute to a positive work environment with commitment to social justice.
Minimum Education Required