This position works directly with adults living with severe and persistent mental illness (SPMI and substance use disorders (SUD) living in NYC Mental Health Shelters. Case managers use a recovery oriented approach to link clients to the services they need to obtain housing and to achieve wellness self-management. Working in a team setting and primarily in the field, Case Managers assess risk and needs, develop person centered care plans, provide care management services, track and arrange appointments, educate clients and coordinate other aspects of clients’ health and community services. As this is an evolving program, additional responsibilities will be added.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Comprehensive assessment of client within 30 days of entry into program.
- Work closely with team to visit each client a minimum of 6 times monthly.
- Integration of medical, specialized and behavioral health services in addition to social support and/or educational support services
- Periodic reassessment of a client’s medical and behavioral health needs and update of , adherence to recommended treatments, and need for care coordination
- Attend scheduled team meetings and one-on-one supervision.
- Attend mandatory ACT trainings and Jewish Board MKSEI 13 Module course training.
- When needed/requested, lead team in-service training on topics that will improve service to clients.
- Collaborative development of an Individualized Care Plan (ICP) with the client, the client’s family and/or caregivers in addition to other service providers, and review and revise ICP per regulatory standards or when there are significant changes in functioning or clinical status.
- Provide care management services
- Track all specialty medical, behavioral and support service referrals made for patient using Health Information Technology (HIT) provided.
- Assure that client has access to, engages in and retains needed services as defined in the ICP.
- Provide outreach services to clients to increase engagement in services identified on individualized care plan
- Complete all required documentation
- Provide after-hours emergency coverage via cell phone on rotating basis.
EDUCATION /TRAINING REQUIRED:
- Master’s level degree in human services field with appropriate NYS licensure (e.g. LMSW or LMH)
Full Medical, Dental, Vision, excellent time off benefits
Minimum Education Required