Nurturing Minds seeks a part-time, 15 hours/week, Operations Assistant that will report to the Operations Director. The Operations Assistant will provide administrative support for Nurturing Minds as well as perform various day-to-day operations, event planning, and administrative tasks. The Operations Assistant will be an integral member of Nurturing Minds' Team.
Applicants must be able to work at home with a space designated for Nurturing Minds and meet in-person once per week at the Executive Director’s house in Newton, Massachusetts.
About Nurturing Minds:
Nurturing Minds is a US based non-profit organization with the mission to support quality education, life skills, and entrepreneurship to help vulnerable girls in Tanzania become leaders in their communities.
- Handle all accounts payable and receivables, including receiving the mail weekly from the PO Box in Newtonville, MA, depositing donations into the bank account, creating and printing donation thank you letters, preparing checks for signature, preparing monthly credit card statement.
- Enter online donations on a daily basis.
- Database Management – maintain and update database on regular basis.
- Take minutes at Board meetings and some committee meetings. Share minutes with board and upload to board portal.
- Maintain board and committee directory.
- Create annual schedule for board and all committee meetings.
- Create and send weekly update to board and advisors.
- Send weekly updates to individual board members informing them of donations in their campaign.
- Help plan and implement both in-person and virtual events.
- Help to organize all details of in-person board meetings 2x annually.
- Use DonorScape to research individual major gift prospects.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work at home with a space designed for Nurturing Minds and meet in-person once per week at the Executive Director’s house in Newton, Massachusetts.
- Must be physically and mentally capable of performing multiple tasks and able to function in a fast-paced environment.
- This position may require lifting approximately, but not limited to, 40 pounds.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform position responsibilities.
- Education: High school diploma required.
- Experience: At least two years of direct/related experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong word processing skills, strong grammar and spelling, attention to detail.
- Good communicator, written and verbal.
- A proven record of working successfully with various technology tools, particularly database software. Experience in fundraising software preferred. Experience in GiftWorks desired.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite; solid experience with web and email contact technology and programs; interest in and experience with social media.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time while maintaining focus, close attention to detail and skill in prioritizing and meeting deadlines.
- Strong communication, planning and organizational skills.
- Superb inter-personal and relationship-building skills; ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of board members, donors, and volunteers; must be comfortable interacting with different personalities spanning across the U.S. and Africa.
- Some night and weekend work required.
- A high level of integrity, respect for confidential nature of the work and extraordinary work ethic.