Fractured Atlas is seeking a detail-oriented organizer for a full‐time Program Operations Coordinator role on our expanding team. We have nearly 75,000 artists in our membership nationwide who come to us daily for guidance, assistance and support. This mid-level position will be responsible for facilitating the day-to-day operations for our Programs Team, involves some customer service, and reports to the Associate Director of Program Operations.
The successful candidate will be a team player and an excellent problem solver with a passion for improving efficiency, assisting teams in working smarter, not harder. This position requires someone who is able to operate in a fast-paced environment while remaining calm and collected. Candidates with a work history that includes service positions where they provided stellar service in high‐pressure, high‐volume environments will likely excel.
The successful candidate will be someone who thrives in Fractured Atlasʹs ʺwork hard, live wellʺ environment. Our organizational culture embraces people who:
- Seek out challenging problems and relish opportunities to venture into unexplored territory.
- Are entrepreneurial and comfortable with high‐risk, high‐impact efforts.
- Are agile, creative problem solvers with an unsentimental focus on concrete results.
- Invest their time in quality work and giving others their respect and support.
Additionally, at Fractured Atlas, we are committed to anti-racism, anti-oppression principles in all areas of our internal and external work. This commitment is grounded in our belief that change is possible, and that our work, and that of the artistic community more broadly, will grow stronger as oppression is eliminated. Learn more about what it’s like to work at Fractured Atlas by visiting work.fracturedatlas.org.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the smooth execution of everyday tasks, which includes balancing team work loads and supporting the customer service staff;
- Updates documents for external use and maintains the internal Knowledge Base for program processes and the external Knowledge Base for guidance to members;
- Coordinates and presents weekly educational webinars;
- Provides customer service quality assurance and shares feedback with staff, identifying opportunities to improve team efficiency and developing plans to implement changes;
- Handles escalated customer service interactions and other customer service when required;
- Ensures Program Team-member compliance with Fractured Atlas internal financial accounting policies and controls;
- Participates in and leads special projects;
- Other duties assigned as needed to support the team and our members.
- Significant customer service experience preferred;
- Interest in the arts. It’s important to be able to relate to the needs and experiences of our members;
- Demonstrated ability to successfully move forward multiple, concurrent projects effectively, take direction, and delegate when necessary;
- Strong desire to work as part of a fun, creative, and entrepreneurial team;
- Must be comfortable working in a rapidly-changing environment and able to adapt to frequent changes and exchanges all while delivering stellar customer service;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, a meticulous attention to detail, and creative problem solving skills;
- Strong organizational and leadership skills;
- Experience with Microsoft Office, G-Suite, web-based software, and arts administration is preferred;
- Self-motivated and hyper-organized with the ability to manage responsibilities independently.
Benefits include dental and medical insurance, flexible savings account, employer‐contributed 401K plan, commuter benefits, professional development allowance, ticket allowance, paid vacation and sick days, paid family leave, remote work arrangements, and a casual but hard‐working, friendly and supportive work environment.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To be considered for the position, please use our application portal to upload all the items below in one PDF-formatted file with your name as the filename. (Please address materials to Pallavi Sharma, Chief Program Officer.)
- A substantive and original cover letter including your interest in the position and Fractured Atlas, the date you are available to start, and why we can't live without you.
- A list of (3) professional references complete with phone number, email address, and explanation of the relationship. (References will not be contacted without your prior consent.)
- A résumé no longer than (2) pages outlining your educational and professional experience.
Incomplete submissions—including those failing to follow all directions—will not be considered, nor will submissions sent via postal mail or fax. No calls please.
Fractured Atlas is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, equity, and inclusion. (Read more about our Anti-Racism and Anti-Oppression commitment.) We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.