Seeds of Peace inspires and cultivates new generations of global leaders in communities divided by conflict. We equip them with the skills and relationships they need to accelerate social, economic, and political changes essential for peace.
Since 1993, Seeds of Peace has set the standard in international peacebuilding by providing exceptional young people and Educators from regions of conflict with an otherwise impossible opportunity to meet their historic enemies face-to-face at our Camp in Maine.
Seeds of Peace builds on their extra-ordinary and critical relationships and understanding through year-round local programs that focus on the core leadership capacities needed to advance peace. There are now over 7,000 Participants from 27 countries who prove that solutions exist, peace is possible, and there is reason to have hope for a better future.
We are dedicated to the pursuit of real change in regions of conflict. We recognize that there are many possible paths to peace. We do not prescribe or advocate for particular political solutions, nor are we affiliated with any political party or religious institution.
Seeds of Peace seeks a US Program Coordinator to support engagement of American participants in international and US programs; coordinating recruitment, selection, and preparation processes for Camp, and post-Camp activities for youth from the US involved in international and US programs.
● Coordinate all logistics for recruitment, selection and preparation for US applicants to Seeds of Peace programs
● Help support, design and execute logistics of all year-round Seeds of Peace US programming
● Work in collaboration with all Seeds of Peace U.S. Program partners to support local program logistics
● Work in conjunction with Seeds of Peace Camp staff to support all U.S. Program and Camp logistics
● Maintain accurate program participant documentation (participant files, Raiser's Edge data, attendance sheets, sign in/out forms, and insurance documents).
● Collaborate with Finance department and Camp Operations staff on tracking, payment, and confirmation for participants
● Promote an inclusive, welcoming, and respectful environment that embraces the diversity of all Seeds of Peace participants and staff
● Actively participate in professional development sessions, designated meetings, and special events
● Work with the U.S. Program staff to collect and process requests for equipment and supplies
● Minimum of 2 years’ work experience
● Experience working with youth ages 14-18
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Social Media Platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
● Ability to work collaboratively with others as part of a team, and offer strong problem-solving skills
● Ability to remain highly organized
● Ability to work occasional nights and weekends
● Ability to relate to a wide variety of staff and constituents and communicate swiftly and clearly
● Ability to think strategically and prioritize while managing numerous projects simultaneously
● Ability to be self-motivated and enjoy working in an international team, but ready and willing to accomplish your tasks while working independently.
● Trustworthy and dependable - where there is a commitment to a tasks and deadlines
● Ability to ask for support or assistance to complete a task or inability to meet deadline
● Ability to work virtually with staff based overseas
● Bachelor’s degree of equivalent
Seeds of Peace inspires and cultivates new generations of global leaders in communities divided by conflict. We equip them with the skills and relationships they need to accelerate social, economic, and political changes…
Seeds of Peace offers rewarding career opportunities in a positive and supportive environment, with competitive salaries and benefits. In order to apply for this position, please apply HERE.
Due to the high volume of applications, only those candidates who are selected for further consideration will be contacted. For any questions, please e-mail email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Seeds of Peace is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Seeds of Peace offers rewarding career opportunities in a positive and supportive environment, with competitive salaries and benefits. In order to apply for this position…