Splash (www.splash.org) is an international charitable organization headquartered in Seattle, WA, founded in 2007. Our mission is simple: “We clean water for kids.” In ten years, we have brought and continue to ensure safe drinking water to over 400,000 children in cities around the world.
Our core values guide everything we do including every hiring decision we make. They are:
This full-time position is based in Seattle, WA, USA.
As part of Splash’s Global Finance team, the Senior Analyst will provide cross-departmental support. This position will also assist in creating the annual budget and refining the processes and tools for budget oversight throughout the fiscal year. This role will focus on identifying improvements in reports, tools, and processes for management. This is a collaborative global position that includes working alongside staff located in all offices, particularly colleagues and department directors in Seattle.
This role will report to the Director of Finance and will work closely with finance team members in Seattle, Ethiopia, and India, as well as our partner finance team in Nepal. This position provides a unique mix of day-to-day FP&A tasks combined with the opportunity to collaborate with department leaders and international offices to implement process improvements as we continue to grow our impact.
· Develop reports and analysis for use in developing grantor budget and reports alongside global stakeholders, including the Development team and budget leads.
· Deliver timely and accurate donor financial performance on a monthly basis.
· Prepare, review, and distribute monthly financial reports for departments and country teams.
· Develop reports and analysis for use in tracking budget versus actuals and budget re-forecasting.
· Work with department and country team leaders to identify, analyze, and respond to budget variances and provide guidance to department and country team leadership.
· Develop reports and analysis to support management decision making as related to annual budget, ongoing spending, and fundraising needs.
· Assist in the annual budgeting processes by working with department and country team leaders to cost their planned activities for the year.
· Co-lead, with the Director of Finance, the configuration and deployment of new accounting software and serve as an internal expert for rollout and support to global Splash finance teams.
· Identify and implement opportunities to leverage financial systems to improve reporting and analysis capabilities.
· Define and monitor key financial performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes.
· Serve as a champion for Splash’s commitment to honesty and transparency in all financial matters.
· Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business Administration or Finance.
· At least 5 years of directly relevant work experience, including experience in non-profit fund accounting and managing communication with cross cultural stakeholders.
· Experience with complex financial analysis; demonstrated ability to create insight from data and analyses.
· Advanced Excel skills and high level of proficiency in other MS Office applications; experience with cloud-based ERP as well as Tableau. Salesforce is a plus.
· You are self-motivated, flexible, and work well in a dynamic environment.
· You are highly organized and are comfortable juggling multiple projects.
· You work well under pressure in a fast-paced team environment.
· You possess a strong work ethic and operate with a high level of trustworthiness and integrity.
· You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· You are detail-oriented and conscientious in carrying out responsibilities accurately to completion.
· You love collaboration as well as independence and can work well with remote team members and different cultures.
· You have a commitment to and interest in the mission and core beliefs of Splash.
Splash (www.splash.org) is an international charitable organization headquartered in Seattle, WA, founded in 2007. Our mission is simple: “We clean water for kids.” In ten years, we have brought and continue to ensure safe drinking…