Details: Competitive Salary
Willow Rock Center is an adolescent crisis stabilization and treatment facility. This program provides mental health interventions to divert adolescents from hospitalization when they may be safely discharged to the community. The Crisis Stabilization Unit staff and inpatient staff provide a safe and nurturing environment as they assist youth in regaining the stability necessary to safely return home or to a community-based placement.
The Nurses conduct assessments of adolescents in distress, and develop and facilitate discharge plans for youth. The Nurses, in conjunction with the treatment team, ensure that the 23-hour crisis stabilization center offers a therapeutic and nurturing environment for youth in crisis. Seneca is committed to hiring and maintaining a culturally, ethnically, and linguistically diverse workforce that is reflective of the local client community.
"Being a nurse at Seneca has been an incredible, enriching and educational experience."
- Seneca Nurse
- Provide quality clinical care, including physical assessments and medical triage examinations
- Monitor physician orders for medication or treatment, as well as prescriptions filled at outside pharmacies.
- Collect and analyze assessment data to formulate client care issues, individualized outcomes, plans, implements and evaluates nursing interventions.
- Collaborate to ensure quality of medication administration, adequate consents, medical treatment and follow-up.
- Maintain working relationships with pediatricians, specialists, psychiatrists, therapists and hospitals who provide care to the children.
- Provide ongoing training for staff on medications, and other health-related education.
- Wear on-call pager for nursing questions.
- Intervene with the clients’ behavior management programs as needed. This includes physical management of the clients (implementation of Seneca Center’s Ahimsa Model Training) as necessary.
- Bachelor's of Science in Nursing required
- CPR – BLS
- Public Health Certificate and/or School Nurse Certification
- Valid California Registered Nurse License
- TB test clearance, fingerprinting clearance, and any other State/Federal licensing or certification requirements
- Excellent communication, organization and leadership skills
- Psychiatric Nursing experience a plus
- Thursday-Saturday 7pm-7:30am
- 24-hour on-call Tuesday
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and chiropractic coverage, partially paid premiums for dependents, 5 weeks of flexible Paid Time Off, a 403(b) retirement plan, and an employer-paid Employee Assistance Plan
- Excellent training, scholarship opportunities, and ongoing professional development
- Collaborative team environment!
Minimum Education Required