Assistant Director of New Business
Save First Financial Wellness
Full-time / Exempt
Reports to: Director, Save First Financial Wellness
Through the principles of Catholic Social Teaching, Catholic Charities of Oregon achieves lasting solutions to poverty and injustice by partnering with clients to meet their economic and educational goals, and to support their physical and social well-being. Catholic Charities is the official domestic relief agency of the Archdiocese of Portland in Oregon.
SAVE FIRST OVERVIEW:
Save First Financial Wellness is a social enterprise of Catholic Charities, supports financial empowerment for individuals and families through a continuum of services. We offer emergency assistance funds, resource navigation, financial wellness workshops, personalized financial coaching, matched savings programs, and a loan product for our clients. Our philosophy of financial empowerment is that every person has experiences and knowledge to share, the capacity to learn and change behaviors, the right to safe financial products, non-judgmental and unbiased information to support their goals.
Save First is a highly regarded, innovative, and rapidly growing leader in Oregon's non-profit financial empowerment sector with a mission to partner with the most vulnerable to achieve lasting solutions to poverty and injustice.
POSITION DESCRIPTION & SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE PROFILE:
We are looking for an innovative person who enjoys a fast-paced environment to assist in the corporate sales process of the services of Save First, with the following qualities and interests:
- Proven leadership and sales skills.
- Passion for Save First's mission to work in partnership with vulnerable populations to achieve lasting solutions to poverty and injustice.
- Understand and appreciate the impact financial wellness services can have on families and individuals.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, follow-up, and close a deal.
- Dynamic, creative thinker, proactive, able to take initiative, problem solve, follow through, and simultaneously manage multiple priorities to ensure goals are met in a timely manner.
- Have the background and tools that gives the ability to see the larger picture and future possibilities while not losing sight of the mission and core priorities.
- Ability to work well in team setting, as well as independently; be flexible and adapt well to different dynamics.
- Have the capacity to both give and receive constructive analysis and explanation.
- Demonstrated judgment and discretion in dealing with confidential matters.
- Continuously uphold and contribute to the quality of services and deliverables of the organization by working with integrity, intention, and accuracy.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership support to the Executive Director of Save First in the corporate sales process by developing, researching, and cross-referencing prospect lists.
- Make initial contact with prospects, set appointments, prepare meeting materials, and appropriate data necessary for successful meeting.
- Take an active role during key partner meetings, working closely with the Executive Director to ensure success.
- Provide support to partners by generating MOU's, contracts, reports, and other partner documents, templates, and presentations.
- Provide Sales Force support by generating reports and managing database sales projects.
- Effectively manage relationships with corporate partners through the onboarding process.
- Oversee operation/service processes and optimize for client focus and efficiency.
- Participate in trainings and coordination meetings as requested by Supervisor.
- Adherence to Catholic Charities policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work or lived experience in business, finance, sales, related field.
- Two to three years of professional experience preferably in sales or financial management.
- Ability to communicate in an effective, concise manner, both verbally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience in Salesforce, InDesign, and Word Press a plus.
- Ability to effectively work with standard Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Adobe Suite.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, which could include some evenings and weekends.
- Demonstrated competency when working with low to moderate income populations.
- Demonstrated competency working with people from diverse cultures. Ability to assess and treat clients in a culturally-competent manner.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize work, be proactive, take initiative, follow through, and simultaneously manage multiple priorities to ensure goals are met in a timely manner. High attention to detail required.
- Willingness to learn new skills and take on new responsibilities.
- Demonstrate judgment and discretion in dealing with confidential matters.
- Commitment to Catholic Charities mission to work in partnership with vulnerable populations to achieve lasting solutions to poverty and injustice.
- Ability to work well in team setting, as well as independently; be flexible and adapt well to different dynamics in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong analytical and strategic problem-solving skills.
- Travel in Portland Metro area required. Must have driver's license, access to vehicle and ability to obtain automobile insurance at levels required by agency (100/300/100).
- Satisfactory results from criminal, civil and/or motor vehicle background check required.
COMPENSATION: Compensation is commensurate with skills and experience. Competitive benefits package (dental, vision, and health) including: 100% employer paid health insurance (employee portion), disability, life insurance, paid time off, 12 paid holidays, 401k and retirement plan, free parking and more.
TO APPLY: Submit your application, resume and cover letter at https://catholiccharitiesoregon.applicantpro.com/jobs/
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER