The School Culture Team Member supports and oversees students' conduct on school campus ensuring a safe environment for staff, students, and visitors. The School Culture Team Member will assist with supervision, creating a positive school culture, and with ensuring a safe learning environment. Primary responsibilities include maintaining a controlled and safe environment in and around campus and supporting staff with any necessary activities.
Ednovate launched its first school, USC Hybrid High, a personalized learning high school, in 2012. Since then, Ednovate has grown to five schools, with four in Los Angeles and one in Orange County. Ednovate is committed to serving in areas where students traditionally lack access to a quality college prep education by building tuition-free, safe and high-performing public schools to neighborhoods that need it the most. Ednovate is currently planning for our next growth phase as we continue to fulfill our mission to make a positive multigenerational change within the communities we serve and in our profession.
Description of Responsibilities:
The School Culture Team Member will ensure the safety and well-being of all individuals on and around campus. This will include monitoring students on and around campus before, after and during school hours. It will also include working with our other members of our Culture Team to maintain a positive and safe learning environment. It will also include assisting staff members with various tasks throughout the day including but not limited to:
- Monitors school campus, parking lots, adjacent areas and other facilities.
- Monitors campus parking and traffic movement.
- Observes and corrects behavior of students according to our school's discipline system.
- Assists in maintaining order among students on the school grounds during breaks and lunch periods and in the cafeteria.
- Monitors student activity and movement in study areas.
- Oversee student detention
- Supports instructional staff with maintaining positive classroom behavior
- Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position.
The ideal candidate is:
- Excited about being a part of a growing school team
- Prior school experience is highly preferred
- Strong proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite and Google Apps
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Requires the ability to diffuse situations calmly and with authority
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with multiple constituencies
- Enjoys a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and is eager to build new systems or adapt existing ones
- Collaborates well and engages in healthy, collegial conflict
- Is comfortable with a high degree of transparency and accountability for results
- Is resourceful, persistent, and constantly reflective on improving results
- Finds joy in their work and thrives with autonomy, flexibility and accountability
- Connects well to students and values communication and partnership with families
- Is committed to our Demerit/Merit Behavioral Management System
- Is a graduate of a four-year university
To submit an application, please visit our website at http://ednovate.org/careers.
Ednovate is strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural staff, and we encourage applications from traditionally under-represented backgrounds. Ednovate does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnic origin, or any other reason prohibited by state or federal law.
Wages & Benefits
Ednovate offers a competitive hourly pay rate commensurate with experience. This is a full-time non-exempt position with a year-round schedule.
Minimum Education Required