5235 West Belden Avenue
Christopher House (CH) is searching for Parent Educators looking to grow professionally in the field of Education. Candidates must possess a specialized interest and passion for educating new parents on how to create a stable and self-sufficient home life for their children.
With a mission to develop independent,creative, lifelong learners, our infant, preschool, elementary and family schools build a community of students, teachers, and parents committed to excellence, achievement and perseverance, respect and compassion, and equality of opportunity.
Christopher House partners with parents to provide a continuum of education for students from birth through high school, as well as immersive family supports that help parents create stable, self-sufficient families. We operate accredited early learning, elementary, and out of school time programs grounded in research-based curricula and high-quality instruction.
Children and families thrive when:
- Education begins at birth and continues throughout life, with parents as a child’s first teacher;
- Home environments nurture literacy, achievement, and children’s success;
- Parents have high standards and set high expectations for themselves, their children, and children’s schools;
- Professionally trained teachers know their students as individuals;
- Evaluations and program improvements are data driven;
- Parents and staff work together to continuously evaluate and improve programming;
- Education includes the development of creativity and perseverance and is multi-disciplinary in order to foster each child’s unique strengths and interests;
- Developing independent,creative, life-long researchers, education must include curriculum designed to help scholars develop socially and emotionally as well as cognitively;
- Diversity is celebrated and explored so that learners develop broad perspectives on life and learning;and
- Parents and caregivers support their children financially and emotionally.
- Determine the needs and provide for the development of children ages birth to six years old
- Work to create a safe environment for children and act as a role model for teaching staff
- Provide optimal support and services for families and children in the Early Childhood Development Services (ECDS)
- Work with pregnant and/or parenting teen/adult women one on one,and in groups utilizing the Parent as Teachers program model.
- Provide direct services to clients and their families in their homes and other locations in their residential neighborhoods.
- Implement the Parents as Teachers curriculum according to the program standards and requirements.
- Develop and maintain positive, supportive working relationships with the participants and their families.
- Develop, with participant input and cooperation, goals that are developmentally appropriate and culturally sensitive.
- Structure home visits to enable participants to work on identified goals.
- Make appropriate referrals, when necessary, for further evaluations and support parents in successfully pursuing these referrals and recommendations.
- Incorporate the findings and results of screening and observation tools to develop parent-child activities that will enhance the parent-child relationship, strengthen child development and increase participants knowledge and awareness of her child’s physical, emotional and psychological developmental needs and accomplishments.
- Work with and support each participant with regard to issues such as housing, employment, education, finances, nutrition, family planning, and interpersonal and personal issues that impact on the parent’s ability to provide a safe, nurturing environment for the child and herself.
- Develop, with the participant, individualized interventions that foster healthy, growth-supporting interactions between her and her child, advocate for program participants and their extended families as necessary and appropriate.
- Strong alignment with Christopher House’s Values and Mission;
- Strong work ethic coupled with a proactive problem-solving approach;
- One year of experience working with adult or adolescent parents, pregnant teens, infants and toddlers, young children, volunteers, workers and support group
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and bilingual English/Spanish required.
- A valid Illinois Driver’s License and good driving record are required, ability to work flexible hours, including occasional evenings and weekends required.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, human services, or a related field. Coursework related to working with families is required.
If you are interested in the following position please send resume to email@example.com
Christopher House is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual in Spanish/English
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org