Membership and Inclusion Coordinator
Details: Salary negotiable
11 Beacon Street
NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF SOCIAL WORKERS, MA CHAPTER
The National Association of Social Workers, Massachusetts Chapter is seeking a highly motivated, dynamic, and creative Membership and Inclusion Coordinator
ABOUT NASW-MA CHAPTER
The Massachusetts Chapter of NASW(NASW-MA)is the major professional social work organization in the state. NASW is committed to advancing social work practice and to promoting human rights, social and economic justice, and unimpeded access to services for all. NASW-MA Chapter’s 6,500 members work in a broad range of settings, including: hospitals and other health care settings, community agencies, government, academia, business, nursing homes, schools, and private practice.NASW-MA Chapter is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diverse applicants.
TITLE: Membership and Inclusion Coordinator
POSITION STATUS: Part-Time, 30 hours/week
ISSUE DATE: May 7, 2018
The Membership and Inclusion Coordinator is responsible for coordinating Chapter recruitment and retention initiatives. This position is also responsible for coordinating and monitoring the racial justice component of the NASW-MA strategic plan.
- Develop, coordinate, and promote membership recruitment and retention initiatives in collaboration with executive director, marketing and events coordinator, communications director, and regional staff. This includes:
- overseeing outreach to lapsing members including coordination with regional staff
- coordinating welcome calls to new members and sending assignments to regional staff
- keeping up to date the monthly standard email to lapsing members
- coordinating other outreach to members for recruitment and retention purposes
- Promote student and newer professional activities including the Student Ambassador Program and coordinating with schools of social work for NASW’s presence at student orientations and events.
- Initiate surveys and conversations with schools of social work about recruitment opportunities.
- Become familiar with NASW-MA Strategic Plan and devise a clearly articulated plan to implement racial justice work, including development of a Racial Justice Council.
- Submit articles for Social Work Voice magazine and e-newsletter including Student Spotlight and other student/newer professional newsletter articles.
- Support and coordinate all Racial Justice Council initiatives in coordination with the council and other staff.
- Seek grant opportunities to support racial justice programming and lead grant submissions for this work.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- 2 – 5 years of experience in community organizing, membership development, and/or coordination of equity, diversity, and inclusion initiatives
- Knowledge of successful recruitment and retention initiatives
- Knowledge of inclusion and diversity initiatives
- Demonstrated initiative
- Proven ability to empower volunteers
- Superb organizational skills with ability to balance several projects simultaneously
- Clear communicator with ability to write and speak convincingly
- Works well in a team, but can also work independently
- MSW or BSW preferred, but not required
- Access to transportation for statewide travel
Please submit cover letter with resume.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please include a cover letter with resume.