Part-time Mental Health Professional for Bridge Meadows, an intentional, intergeneration community
- Job posted by Bridge Meadows
Details: The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary based on experience.
Bridge Meadows is seeking a part-time mental health professional to serve as an additional Community Support Specialist (CSS) for our Beaverton site (5995 SW Menlo Dr., Beaverton, 97005). Bridge Meadows is a unique housing community that brings together foster youth, parents and older adults (elders) for the purpose of promoting permanency for foster youth and meaning and purpose for elders. This position will work in collaboration with the current, full-time Beaverton CSS as a community facilitator and integrator, who plans, coordinates, and implements services that support intentional, intergenerational living across the life span of our diverse residents. The foundation of our intergenerational model relies on transformation through relationships. The Community Support Specialist must have a graduate degree (Master of Social Work preferred), and clinical experience with an understanding of trauma, mental health issues and relationship building related to foster, pre-adoptive families and older adults. This is a 20 hour/week, salaried position, with occasional weekend projects/activities. Experience addressing issues related to individuals across the life span is preferred. Unlicensed professional will be able to count hours toward licensure and receive clinical supervision by a Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Work directly with community members to support community engagement
- Available to residents for individual, group and family counseling
- Guide, coach, train and/or facilitate residents in problem solving
- Available to residents or site staff in the event of community emergencies
- Assist in the establishment and collaboration with partner organizations toward the goal of residents well being
- Utilize Bridge Meadows data management system to track residents’ progress, community participation and gaps in program services
- Provide written and verbal updates to staff and residents on progress and challenges. Communicate information in a clear and documented manner
- Actively participate with Bridge Meadows team on projects and organizational activities
- Collaborate with site’s property management in addressing and intervening resident issues and crises.
- Clinical understanding of human behavior, child development and trauma, systems and group dynamics, trauma and intervention techniques
- Challenges of families involved in the child welfare system and social supports required
- Issues related to older adult
- Mental health and drug and alcohol issues
- Assessment and diagnostic skills
- Microsoft Office
- Exemplify traits that reflect the agency’s culture and values
- Use creativity, critical thinking and empathy to expand and evolve intergenerational living
- Coordinate day-to-day community activities, and function, in collaboration with the property manager community partners and Bridge Meadows team as necessary
- To cooperate as a member of an interdisciplinary treatment team
- Establish clear and appropriate boundaries in relationships with staff and residents and the handling of confidential and sensitive information
- Initiate and work independently, which includes occasional weekends and evenings
- Gain a basic understanding of Fair Housing Laws
Education: Master’s degree in counseling, social work, psychology or a related field or equivalent experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Maintain a driving record acceptable by the agency and a current driver’s license for state of residence, when authorized to use own vehicle for agency business, employee must maintain personal insurance.
20 days paid time off
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email your resume and a cover letter, addressing attributes listed in the job description and salary requirements to Renee Moseley, Associate Director at email@example.com. Please include“Part-time Community Support Specialist” in the subject line. The position will remain open until filled.