The Vice President, Director IVLP manages and oversees the implementation of two Assistance Awards from the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) of the Department of State (DoS) - the International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP) and the Collaborative Services Grant. Responsibilities include: day to day management of the operations and implementation of the awards; fiscal oversight, including annual budget renewal submissions; supervision of a staff of approximately 45 people; and, member of Meridian’s senior leadership team and liaison with external partners. The Vice President, Director IVLP coordinates and collaborates routinely as a peer with the other program leads of the Meridian Center for Global Leadership; and consults with the Chief Financial Officer on issues of fiscal management as necessary. The Vice President reports to the Executive Vice President/Chief Operating Officer.
· Oversee management of the day-to-day operations and staff workload on the International Visitor Leadership Program grant
· Respond to and be available to staff for advice and to resolve issues that affect the workload or operations
· Establish high standards and encourage best practices in programming, including ensuring that programs reflect and represent the diversity of the United States
· Ensure that all deadlines are met for ECA required reports
· Work closely with staff to track visitor flow, group projects, and staff capacity
· Coordinate operational strategy in collaboration with the IVLP leadership team and the other program leads of MCGL
· Guide discussions on the development of major projects and initiatives
· Oversee the Collaborative Services activities including federalism briefings, Capitol Hill tours, home hospitality, messenger service, support for ECA projects, initiatives and workshops, and hotel procurement in Washington and New York
· Work collaboratively with Meridian’s other programs; attend senior management and the Board of Directors meetings
· Oversee the expenditures and the accounting of the IVLP and Collaborative Services administrative and program budgets
· Direct the development of the annual IVLP and Collaborative Services Assistance Awards budget submissions and proposals
· Monitor and review monthly budget reports prepared by the Finance Division
· Approve Visa and American Express bill reconciliations and check requests
· Resolve financial questions in connection with the Assistance Awards
· Supervise the IVLP program staff with sensitivity to working directly with people from diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and communication styles
· Recruit and interview new staff; develop policies to aid retention
· Oversee the design and implementation of new staff training
· Conduct performance reviews of direct reports; make recommendations for all staff salary increases and bonuses
· Collaborate with HR on remedial actions to address performance concerns
· Proactively nurture and develop talent, contribute to performance goals, objectives, development plans, and provide ongoing constructive performance feedback
· Oversee timekeeping process for direct reports
· Maintain close contact with and respond to queries from ECA senior management on financial, administrative, programmatic and personnel issues
· Attend ECA-National Program Agency meetings; participate in ECA conference calls
· Maintain close relations with Global Ties U.S. and encourage staff participation in their activities
· Handle questions and requests for assistance from public and private-sector partners
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Successful track record of motivating and supporting staff in a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive work environment
· Excellent and persuasive communication skills
· Proven experience with fiscal management, budgeting, and operations
· Ability to think strategically
Physical Effort and Dexterity
Visual Acuity, Hearing, and Speaking
Excellent verbal and written command of the English language
Environment and Scheduling
This position is classified FLSA exempt.
Employer’s Statement and Rights
This position posting does not list all the duties of the job. If an offer is made, you will be presented with a detailed job description. Applicants will be evaluated based upon their demonstrated ability to perform the tasks listed above, and their education and experience. The employer has the right to revise this posting at any time. Neither this posting nor the job description is a contract for employment.
Meridian firmly believes that a highly qualified, diverse workforce is critical to our success. Accordingly, Meridian is committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
As an equal opportunity employer, Meridian promotes equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, personal appearance, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, family responsibilities, marital, veteran or military status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, matriculation, political affiliation, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Equal employment opportunity will be offered and maintained to all persons at every stage and condition of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, upgrading, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall, and termination.
The Vice President, Director IVLP manages and oversees the implementation of two Assistance Awards from the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) of the Department of State (DoS) - the International Visitor Leadership Program…
Full benefits package to include 10% contribution to 403(b).
Full benefits package to include 10% contribution to 403(b).
Qualified candidates should apply by e-mail only to HR@meridian.org. Subject line should read “Vice President, IVLP” only. A cover letter, with salary expectations, and resume should be attached. Only candidates being considered for this position will be contacted. Submissions which do not follow the above instructions will not be considered as applicants. NO PHONE CALLS regarding this position will be accepted.
Qualified candidates should apply by e-mail only to HR@meridian.org. Subject line should read “Vice President, IVLP” only. A cover letter, with salary expectations, and resume should…