Details: Competitive salary is commensurate with individual’s experience and skills
3401 Market Street
About Character Lab
Character Lab is a Philadelphia-based, non-profit organization that aims to advance the science and practice of character development so that all students can reach their fullest potential.
Reporting to the CEO (Angela Duckworth) and partnering very closely with another Fellow, the Administrative Fellow will provide direct administrative support to the Founder/CEO position, as well as support the general operational needs of the organization. We are looking for someone to fill this role for 2 years, with the potential for a longer term role.
We are looking for an individual who can effectively and efficiently support a fast-paced leader and a dynamic organization. The successful candidate embraces time management, can spot areas to improve process inefficiencies, and will thrive within our small and dynamic team. Interest or background in Psychology, Education or Design is a plus.
The responsibilities of the position are subject to change as Character Lab matures and the organization’s needs change correspondingly. The successful candidate will take this opportunity to shape the position to suit their strengths and to leave their mark on the organization.
The successful candidate will begin in June 2018 or as soon as available.
- Assist and support CEO, with responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Managing personal and lab-related finances, including reimbursements and invoice payments
- Typing, composing, and proofreading correspondence
- Managing all calendar events
- Arranging and providing logistical support for speaking engagements
- General office and team support, including, but not limited to:
- Responding to general lab-related emails
- Updating central database of Character Lab contacts
- Scheduling and supporting preparation for Board activities (e.g., quarterly Board meetings)
- Supporting event logistics
- Booking travel arrangements and itineraries for trips
- Ordering and keeping inventory of office and food supplies
- Supporting technical needs in the office
- Proactively identifying and filling gaps and inefficiencies in process and workflow
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications and Skills/Experiences
- Bachelor’s degree, or 1-3 years of relevant administrative/office support experience
- Experience supporting chief-level/C-Suite executives in a demanding, high-paced corporate or legal setting a plus
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and an understanding of systems and procedures
- Fierce work ethic and sense of purpose, with the ability to work well as part of a dynamic start-up
- Highly effective interpersonal communication and writing skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft platform (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google platform
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors
- Prolonged and irregular hours of duty, as necessary
- Some light to medium level of manual labor (e.g., preparing mailings, moving boxes of materials, etc.)
Competitive salary is commensurate with individual’s experience and skills. All full-time employees receive a comprehensive benefits package.
All full-time employees receive a comprehensive benefits package.
Level of Language Proficiency
English - fluent
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply at this link.
Please note that there is a mandatory hiring prompt linked at the bottom of the job description. Applications missing this prompt will be ignored.