Details: Salary range is contingent on candidate's qualifications and experience.
BRONX COUNCIL ON THE ARTS
A pioneering advocate for cultural equity, the Bronx Council on the Arts (BCA) nurtures the development of a diverse array of artists and arts organizations, building strong cultural connections in and beyond The Bronx. BCA serves a constituency of some 1.4 million residents, 5,000 artists and 250 arts and community-based organizations with cultural services and arts programs, including grants, workshops, arts advocacy, writers’ center and cutting-edge exhibitions.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Program Manager (PM) will be responsible for designing and implementing programs and activities for our arts organization. She/He will be tasked with developing programs to support the organization's strategic direction, as well as creating and managing short- and long-term programmatic goals. The PM will also be in charge of developing/overseeing program budgets and plans, as well as writing program funding proposals. To be successful in this role, the PM will need to have prior experience in both program design and management. The ideal candidate will be a visionary and strategic thinker, highly organized, self-motivated, detail and systems oriented, and an effective communicator and collaborator. This is an excellent position for someone who is looking to expand their career experience by joining a small, dynamic and growing arts organization.
· Develop and implement strategic and innovative programs to support the direction of the organization.
· Organize programs and activities in accordance with the organization’s mission and goals.
· Be a visionary and strategic key player in setting and managing program objectives, ensuring that the organization meets short- and long-term program goals.
· Develop budgets and operating plans for BCA’s public programs.
· Develop and data collection tools to assess program strengths, identify areas for improvement and demonstrate impact.
· Write program funding proposals to guarantee uninterrupted delivery of services.
· Manage team members with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities.
· Meet with diverse stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding program issues and decisions on services, and to provide programming desirable to the community.
· Produce accurate and timely program reports throughout their life cycle.
· Work on promotion and outreach with the Executive Director and Marketing and Communications Coordinator.
· Interview and recruit resident artists, teaching artists and other content providers.
· Prepare and maintain documentation for program budgets, artist payments, reports, and supplies/equipment needed for effective program delivery.
· Work with Operations Manager and Finance team to ensure that documentation on consultants and vendors, including contracts, W9 forms and payment records are submitted and properly recorded.
Position Requirement and Skills
· 2-5 years of progressive experience in arts program management.
· Proven experience in, and deep understanding of program design, including development of logic models. Strategic and creative approach to program design and implementation.
· Understanding of the arts environment in the Bronx and beyond.
· Competency in MS Suite, GSuite, DropBox, CRMs, Social Media and Internet platforms.
· Strong problem solving, planning and organizational skills, and the ability to handle several duties simultaneously.
· Self-sufficient, proactive, and reliable.
· Comfort in a fast-paced, growing organization.
· Staff management experience desired.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Detail-oriented and able to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
· Strong interpersonal skills and a good sense of humor.
· Impeccable verbal and written communication skills.
· A commitment to BCA’s mission and values.
· Be available and willing to work some evening and weekends, when required by program activities.
· Bachelor’s degree.
Bronx Council on the Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Level of Language Proficiency
Knowledge of other languages welcomed, but not required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org - with subject line “Program Manager”. No phone calls please.
Only candidates with the relevant experience, and appropriate qualifications and skills will be considered for this post.
Position is open until filled.