142 Berkeley Street
ABOUT ROOM TO GROW
Room to Grow is an expanding non-profit organization supporting early childhood development, a field with emerging prominence in academia, politics, and the press. Room to Grow envisions one day all parents will have the resources they need to unlock their families' potential and become champions for babies and their community. With locations in NYC and Boston, our research-informed program focuses on eradicating the associated developmental and achievement gaps that hinder children throughout their lives, ultimately breaking the cycle of intergenerational poverty. Room to Grow receives referrals from a network of prenatal programs assisting low-income families, as well as from members of the community we serve. Upon their referral, families visit Room to Grow's warm and inviting space once every three months starting in the third trimester of pregnancy, through their child’s third birthday. During one-on-one appointments with expert clinicians, we offer structured coaching, material goods ($10,000 retail value over time), and community connections to support parents as they activate their natural strengths and expand their knowledge, so children thrive from the start. For more information on Room to Grow and its program model, please visit www.roomtogrow.org/program.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Room to Grow seeks a full-time bilingual (Spanish) clinician responsible for carrying a consistent caseload and providing a high quality direct clinical experience to each client with fidelity to Room to Grow’s program model and curriculum, evaluation strategy, and organizational values. The individual in this role must be able to deliver all clinical services in Spanish. This position reports to the Clinical Team Lead.
Direct Service / Conduct one-on-one client visits:
- Provide clients with parenting education support, including what to expect at each stage of their child’s development (birth through 3 years), strategies to recognize and respond to their child’s needs, and help with their individual challenges and concerns
- Facilitate selection of developmentally appropriate baby items
- Maintain ongoing communication with clients between visits
- Maintain relationships with prenatal program partners and other community partners
- Identify outside resources for clients and develop relationships with other service organizations to aid in connecting families to needed community supports (government and non-profit)
Manage administration of the client program and database:
- Maintain client appointments to achieve attendance and retention goals within a designated timeline
- Maintain up-to date client records in database to facilitate accurate reporting of caseload and program outcomes
- Maintain client case notes and administer developmental assessments with fidelity to the Room to Grow curriculum
Alignment & professional development:
- Provide and receive peer support to/from clinicians in New York and Boston
- Remain up-to-date on research and best practices in early childhood development
- Represent and embody Room to Grow’s core values: Integrity, Respect, Growth, Collaboration, Community, Inclusion
- A passion for the mission, vision, and core values of Room to Grow.
- 2+ years direct clinical experience preferred.
- Bilingual - fluent in Spanish & English required.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to present the Room to Grow program and mission to a variety of audiences in a compelling, informative way.
- Strong Microsoft Office fluency; experience working with databases preferred.
- Highly organized, resourceful and solutions-oriented.
- MSW or MA in Child Development or related field preferred
- Licensure in MA preferred, i.e. LCSW, LICSW, LMHC
This is a full-time position with some flexibility for evening and/or weekend hours required. Ability to perform moderate to medium physical duties including lifting up to 25 lbs., climbing ladders, and observing families is a must. Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience. Room to Grow is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience. Room to Grow is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in Spanish required
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please visit our career website and upload your resume and cover letter.