Details: Compensation commensurate with experience
3221 20th Street
The Development Manager – Individual Giving (DM-IG) will play a critical role in fundraising for New Door Ventures’ program operations and growth goals in the San Francisco Bay Area. Reporting to the Director of Development & Marketing, the DM-IG will be charged with improving individual giving systems, supporting and performing direct fundraising by engaging, cultivating, and soliciting individual donors, and assisting in the overall efforts of the development department, which has an annual goal of $3.8MM for the current fiscal year.
Working in close collaboration with a small, results-oriented team and the Ambassadors Council (junior board), the DM-IG will have the opportunity to leverage a proven program to attract the support of individuals and family foundations, as well as working to secure broad-based and volunteer giving. The Development Manager – Individual Giving will spend a majority of their time on activities related to identifying, researching, engaging, cultivating, renewing, and securing gifts with a goal of raising $1.8MM in individual donations in the 2018-19 fiscal year, and increasing giving annually in future years. We are seeking a creative, organized and collaborative individual to maintain a base of donors, increase individual giving, and systematize individual giving efforts in partnership with the development team to strengthen relationships with our supporters.
New Door is a data-centric organization with a stellar track record of growth and positive social outcomes. The current annual operating budget is approximately $7 million of which 50% is contributed. In 2017, 25% of New Door’s contributed revenue came from individuals. In 2014, New Door surpassed all goals for its four-year $13 million integrated fundraising campaign raising $14.7 million to purchase a larger facility, expand current programs, and invest in the start-up of new programs and social enterprises.
Cultivation and Solicitation of Individual Donors
- Develop cultivation and stewardship plans that create a high quality donor experience. Plans will include regular correspondence, thoughtful donor engagement and invitations, site visits and youth engagement, professional proposals, mailings, and acknowledgements.
- Work closely with the development team, CEO, Ambassadors Council and Board of Directors to build a prospect portfolio and ensure the flow of prospects into the giving pipeline from identification through solicitation.
- Plan and execute at least 4 annual small-scale fundraising/cultivation/donor appreciation events, managing all aspects of event operations and logistics, including managing invite and RSVP lists and liaising with venue and vendors.
- Manage a portfolio of individual donors $5k and under, employing strategic moves management to secure annual commitments.
- Use cultivation tools, including donor site visits, meetings and materials, to introduce, engage and inspire new individuals to New Doors’ mission and work, pulling in stakeholders including board members, CEO and Director of Development & Marketing.
Appeals and Campaigns
- Project manage a minimum of two annual campaigns per year including direct mail appeal and online campaigns with peer-to-peer fundraising plans.
- Identify and cultivate effective peer-to-peer fundraisers from New Door’s network of volunteers, and supporters.
- Support fundraisers throughout each campaign through regular communication and sharing of best practices.
- Create compelling fundraising letters, pages and campaign messaging, donor recognition and stewardship plan, and communications/social media collateral for campaigns.
Database, Operations and Research
- Document and maintain clear and timely records and call reports to track contacts, donor giving, notes, and assist in the maintenance of an accurate database.
- Perform strategic prospect research and develop effective meeting briefs for new and existing donors.
- Identify and implement technology and systems to support New
- Door’s individual giving efforts.
- With the support of the data analyst, pull reports and analyze trends related to individual giving.
Ambassadors Council Management
- Serve as a primary relationship manager and point person for New Door Ambassadors Council, along with Director of Development.
- Support planning and execution of Ambassadors Council quarterly meetings.
- Support Ambassadors Council fundraising campaigns and events, including Giving Tuesday and stewardship events throughout the year.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 3 years experience in a development/fundraising role, including cultivation and direct solicitation of individual donors.
- Excellent and proven project management skills, with the ability to stay organized, anticipate needs, and work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm under pressure, juggle multiple priorities, manage time independently, and pivot when needed.
- Ability to build relationships with diverse stakeholders and communicate in a clearly.
The position also comes with excellent benefits including vacation, health insurance (medical, dental, vision), life insurance, and an elective 403(b) plan.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your resume and a thoughtful cover letter letting us know why you think you’d be a great addition to our team. Please include salary expectations in your cover letter. Submissions sent without a cover letter will not be considered. Email the resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position to which you are applying in the subject line.
Candidates from a diversity of backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. New Door Ventures is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Note: Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted. Due to the volume of inquiries that we receive we are not able to respond personally to every resume. We do review every submission carefully and will contact those that we would like to bring in for an interview.