Senior Program Officer- Small Business Advisor- Early Care & Education Program
- Job posted by Low Income Investment Fund
521 5th Avenue
With general supervision from the Deputy Director, Early Care & Education (ECE) Programs, the Program Officer/Small Business Advisor provides business capacity building, training, and support for Early Care & Education business development. Major responsibilities include working to increase sustainability of ECE small businesses through training and one-on-one technical assistance on business operations, including financial management, human resources, business/strategic planning, and marketing.
- Written Material and Resource Development: Create a training tool kit of materials customized to support ECE small businesses
- Curriculum Development: Develop small business curriculum for annual training series
- Trainings: Plan and implement activities to support and train child care providers with business operations capacity building, including workshops and one-on-one technical assistance (TA
- One-on-one TA: Administer small business technical assistance to child care providers including: initial evaluations, creation of goals and action plans, final assessments, and outcomes reporting
- Stakeholder Coordination: Coordinate, plan, and partner with the NYC Department of Education (DOE) and other ECE stakeholders on ECE small business supports. Connect to small business networks in NYC and develop private and public sector partnerships
- Consultants: Select, engage, and manage consultants as needed for specialized TA, in accordance with the program budget and timeline
- Data management: Ensure accurate data tracking and reporting in Salesforce and other systems, research and compile information to inform planning for program and fund development
- Impact reporting and analysis: Track activities and outcomes and report to the DOE and funders
- LIIF Financing tools and loan coordination: Support Deputy Director and lending staff to identify opportunities for financing Early Care & Education programs and provide support for underwriting as needed
- Fundraising: Participate in fundraising activities as appropriate, including prospecting, relationship building, applications, and grant management
- Collaboration: Collaborate with the Lending team, and other departments at LIIF, as cross-department opportunities are identified
Other duties as required: Support Deputy Director and VP, Strategic Initiatives & Programs as needed
- Five years’ experience with small business management or provision of small business capacity support related to general business operations, bookkeeping, accounting, budgeting, strategic planning, human resources, and marketing.
- Experience developing custom written resources and tools to support small businesses
- Experience conducting group trainings and providing one-on-one support; ability to train the trainer
- Strong organizational and time management skills, respect for deadlines, and ability to work independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Aptitude in creative problem solving
- Experience working with ECE programs or within an ECE setting is preferred
- Personal experience running a small business is a plus
- Ability and willingness to travel to present trainings, tools, and resources locally and in other LIIF geographie
EDUCATION AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
A Master’s degree is required in a relevant area of study such as business administration, finance or related field.
- Cover letter is required.
*Position is contract-based, long-term employment will be reliant on ongoing funding renewal.
We offer excellent benefits. See our website for overview.
Minimum Education Required