Civil Practice Paralegal Supervisor-Housing (Citywide)
- Job posted by The Legal Aid Society - New York City
The Legal Aid Society's Civil Practice is seeking Paralegal Supervisors for our Housing Units. The Paralegal Supervisor shares responsibility with other members of the borough supervisory team for the oversight of the Housing Practice. The Paralegal Supervisor will be expected to take the lead in managing housing intake, coordinating work with the Grants and Contracts team, and developing new protocols and strategies to respond to changing needs for paralegal support and case handling in our Housing Practice. The priorities will vary by borough and team.
* Ensure accountability and maintenance of practice standards
* Develop and implement intake procedures and policies
* Oversee and ensure collection and reporting of data for various housing grants
* Create and support new approaches to meeting staff and client needs
* Provide emergency office and case coverage
* Participate in supervisory and management meetings
* Identify and create opportunities for staff development
* Initiate and coordinate special projects
* Provide in-service training and case consultation
* Conduct case reviews and performance evaluations
* Participate in staffing and personnel decisions
* Represent the Practice at external meetings and conferences
* Other duties as assigned, including evening and weekend work
* Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
* Prior paralegal or related experience
* Knowledge of NYC housing law, substantive housing experience, and experience working with rent arrears grants
* Demonstrated skills in advocacy, mediation, and interviewing
* Supervisory experience (may include supervision of staff, volunteers, or students)
* Ability to work in a team setting
* Excellent data management skills
* Computer, Excel, and LawManager (or equivalent database) proficiency
* Excellent interpersonal, decision making, and advocacy skills
* Prior work history with Civil Practice a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Only PDF documents will be accepted. If your document is not PDF your application will not be processed.
The Legal Aid Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- Women, People of Color, Gays and Lesbians, Transgender People, Veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you have any questions about this posting email email@example.com.