Details: Based upon Washington Lawyers’ Committee pay scale. Pay scale available upon request.
11 Dupont Circle, NW
The Washington Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights and Urban Affairs seeks a development associate to provide administrative and technical support to the development team. This position will also provide administrative and technical support to the legal team for the case management database.
Associate provides administrative support to the development team, and is the primary administrative and technical person on the Committee’s donor records database (Raiser’s Edge NXT) and case management system database (Legal Server). Among other tasks, the specialist will:
• Conduct the data entry and processing of all donor pledges, gifts, contributions, and acknowledgments.
• Work effectively with finance to record and reconcile contributions.
• Ensure the data hygiene of donor, newsletter, and communications constituents.
• Provide ongoing training and user-friendly policy and ‘help’ materials to all staff on databases.
• Produce reports to support development, communications, and litigation/program strategies and funding.
• Update and maintain website in collaboration with communications and development team.
• Stay up to date on best practices in database technology and in the Committee’s donor and case management databases. Identify opportunities for improved practices and procedures.
• Work collaboratively with staff to make sure our databases meet program needs.
• Provide support as needed on all development functions.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
• 1 – 2 years direct experience working with a donor database CRM in a nonprofit environment, preferably Raiser’s Edge NXT, with experience including use of analytic tools, queries, and report.
• Experience with/ability to quickly learn case management database, preferably Legal Server, including the ability to translate programmatic needs to database enhancements.
• Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills;
• Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment while balancing multiple priorities.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Self-starter and excellent team player.
• Experience working in a non-profit environment and with attorneys is a plus.
Generous leave and benefits, including health, dental, option vision; short- and long-term disability, transportation benefit, fitness center, retirement plan
Minimum Education Required