218 S. Wabash
UNITE HERE Local 1 is a progressive labor union dedicated to creating greater equality and opportunity for workers in the Chicago hospitality industry. We are engaged in new organizing, contract fights, political campaigns, community organizing, and leadership development. We are seeking an Administrative Coordinator to join our team.
The Administrative Team specializes in coordinating dues collection, compiling membership information, and working closely with union members and company contacts. Candidates for this position should be organized, punctual, self-motivated, and have the ability to multitask. An outgoing personality and interest in working with people in a small office environment will be critical for the successful candidate.
Job Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
· Front desk reception
· Grievance intake
· Update records in database, produce materials and correspondence for union membership
· Collect, organize and analyze data and documents
· Schedule and manage logistics for meetings, actions and union events
· Answer heavy call volume
. Support with translation and interpretation for union members and union membership material
· Dedication to social and economic justice, and specifically to building a strong labor movement
· Detail oriented, able to work independently, organized
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, Access, and Google Drive
· Excellent writing skills
· Ability to manage and upkeep different projects on varying timelines
· Must take initiative and possess strong interpersonal skills
· Ability to read and understand contract language
· Must be flexible, motivated, and willing to work as part of a team
· Bilingual English/Spanish
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and include Administrative Coordinator in the subject line.