The American Association for Justice (AAJ®) is seeking a Human Resource Generalist for its Human Resources (HR) department. AAJ works to preserve the constitutional right to trial by jury and to make sure people have a fair chance to seek justice when they are injured by the negligence or misconduct of others—even when it means taking on the most powerful corporations.
The Human Resource Generalist will be responsible for a variety of Human Resource duties which may include recruiting, on-boarding, benefits, administering company policies, employee relations, and other Human Resource matters.
Job duties include:
• Respond, answer, follow up and provide support to routine employee requests on a variety of HR topics. • Oversee setup and usage of the applicant tracking system within Paycom. • Manage the recruiting process including: meeting with hiring manager to discuss needs for the position, updating/creating job descriptions, drafting job postings, creating and routing job requisitions for approval, posting jobs, screening resumes, securing the diverse interview committee members, etc. • Screen resumes for said openings when requested by the hiring manager. • Set up interviews for hiring managers, make and confirm interview arrangements, correspond with candidates and answer any questions. Send rejection/position filled notices when applicable. • Assist hiring managers in developing interview questions and coach them to make the most appropriate and beneficial hiring decisions when requested.
• Place job postings to external websites. Track recruiting costs and remove job postings after closing date.
• Research and suggest sources to place external job postings that maximize exposure but that are cost effective and efficient for the organization.
• Conduct telephone pre-screen interviews, education verifications and reference checks.
• Assist the Director in developing and implementing recruiting strategies to meet required staffing needs.
• Maintain all applicant tracking compliance and records.
• Create, manage and implement the updates to the company human resources policies and procedures (i.e., Employee handbook, operating procedures). Research and make recommendations on new policies, changes, updates, etc.
• Maintain position management, organizational charts and job descriptions.
• Manage all requests for FMLA, STD, LTD and new parent leave.
• Assist the Director with implementation of department and Association strategic goals.
• Conducts background checks on employees in accordance with the organization’s policy.
• Assist in administration of health and welfare benefits plans, including open enrollment, compliance, etc. • Assist with the onboarding of all new employees, including employee orientation, explanation of benefits, explanation of company policies, practices and procedures, etc.
• Advise managers on employee relations issues when applicable.
• Assist the Director of HR with audits and compliance issues. Recommends corrective action when applicable.
• Prepares and creates various department reports, letters, correspondence and invoices.
• Maintains all digital and paper HR files including personnel, confidential, recruiting, benefit, and departmental files.
• Assist in the research and review of a technology and resources used to optimize the function of HR such as HRIS, online recruiting efforts, vendor sites and resources, etc.
• Keeps abreast of new HR trends, applicable laws, legal requirements, training, and ways to improve. Research and make recommendations to the Director of HR.
• Serve as a member of the Social Committee.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field.
• 3-5 years of HR generalist experience. SHRM certification preferred.
• Minimum 2 years of recruiting experience, preferably in a non-profit association.
• Proficiency in common HRIS systems and candidate tracking software (Paycom), preferred.
• Excellent critical thinking/problem solving skills and customer service skills.
• Must be self-directed and can use independent judgement.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work with a wide range of personalities and manage conflict in a professional, productive manner.
• Strong attention to detail and excellent problem solving and organizational skills
• Skilled at managing time and multiple priorities to carry out assignments in a timely and thorough manner. • Knowledge of human resources processes and best practices.
• Commitment to professional and ethical standards.
• Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
• Excellent computer skills and experience with MS Office Suite programs (i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
*Due to COVID-19 this position will temporarily work remotely.
*The American Association for Justice (AAJ) requires all employees to show proof of vaccination before October 10, 2021. AAJ will allow for exceptions to COVID-19 vaccination based on a medical exemption, disability accommodation, or religious objection; pregnant individuals may also request a deferral if they wish for the duration of the pregnancy.
Unvaccinated staff with approved exemptions or accommodations will be required to comply with weekly testing and to follow CDC guidelines for unvaccinated individuals, which may include wearing a mask at all times.
AAJ offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits. AAJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls please!
Click here to apply!
The American Association for Justice (AAJ®) is seeking a Human Resource Generalist for its Human Resources (HR) department. AAJ works to preserve the constitutional right to trial by jury and to make sure people have a fair chance to seek…