At Team Read our mission is creating opportunities for teens to tutor kids to achieve reading success. Team Read’s dual impact is working towards 2nd and 3rd graders becoming great readers while giving teens a job where they will develop key career and life skills. More information is on our website www.teamread.org.
Team Read is seeking part-time (5-8 hours) Site Coordinators (multiple positions available) to work with a small, dedicated team of teen coaches at neighborhood locations in West Seattle and the Rainier Valley on Monday and Wednesday afternoons. Site Coordinators supervise and coach teen mentors as they work 1:1 with an elementary age reader. The goal is to provide a structured and supportive community for readers to grow and coaches to improve as new teachers and new employees.
· Supervise and coach teen and reader pairs, providing positive and growth oriented feedback around literacy, and behavior support as needed
· Responsible for overall flow of program schedule and transitions
· Maintains professional relationships with families, facility/school personnel and the community
· Ensures safety of all children and teens during drop off, program time, and pick up
· Develops supportive relationship with teen coaches and students, and fosters a positive environment for learning
· Engages teen coaches in community building and skill development to maximize commitment to program
· Tracks student/coach progress
· Attends monthly staff meetings
· At least 2 + years’ experience working with children
· Supervision and/or teaching experience strongly preferred
· Experience with positive behavior management preferred
· Flexibility and ability to take initiative
· Solutions oriented problem solver
· Enjoys giving and receiving feedback
· Enthusiasm and passion for working with kids, teens, and literacy education
The work that Team Read does with grade school and high school kids changes their trajectory in life. Students more than double their reading progress while teens achieve confidence and skills from their first job. If you’re interested in joining the Team Read team in making a difference in the community please send your resume and cover letter to Rachel@teamread.org to apply.
Location: West Seattle or Rainier Valley (and some off site meetings/work)
Hours: 5-8 hours/week – 4-6pm Monday/Wednesday, with additional hours off site for planning, meetings, development, trainings, etc.
Start Date: Late August
End Date: Mid-May, with potential for additional work in the future
For more information about Team Read visit www.teamread.org
Level of Language Proficiency
Proficient in reading, writing, listening and speaking English
Proficiency with other languages prevalent in Seattle Public Schools (Spanish, Amharic, Somali, Vietnamese, and others) desirable
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit the following by email: (1) cover letter describing your skills and experiences that make you the best candidate for the position, (2) resume, and (3) 3 references. Please include your first and last name in the file name(s) and send to: Rachel@teamread.org