Details: $40,000 - $47,000 / Annually
120 Wall Street
AFS-USA is part of a worldwide network of AFS partner organizations that work together to advance global education and foster meaningful connections across cultures. As the network’s largest partner, AFS-USA works to increase the global competency of U.S. citizens by providing a variety of international and intercultural learning experiences to individuals, families, schools, and communities. We are proud of our Staff of approximately 200 dedicated individuals, working from our national office in New York City as well as home offices across the county, who collaborate with our more than 4,000 AFS-USA Volunteers to deliver high quality programs and global education resources. These include: immersion based study abroad experiences in over 40 countries worldwide; opportunities to host foreign AFS exchange students; and global learning workshops and curricula for educator, schools and businesses.
The Senior Marketing Communications Specialist reports to the Director of Marketing, and in addition to working with other members of the Marketing staff, directly supervises the work of the Marketing Copywriter, with indirect oversight of the Graphic Designer on joint projects.
The overall purpose of the position is to help drive sales for AFS-USA by managing the creation of content and customer experiences that provide value to the consumer, reinforce positive consumer relationships, and help position AFS-USA as a leading provider of intercultural learning.
During peak times of the year, the work schedule may require work on nights and weekends.
- Develops, and manages the implementation of, social media and content marketing strategies
- Develop and maintain the annual content calendar in alignment with the organization’s annual calendar
- Oversee execution of calendarized social media and blog activity being
- Provide final editorial input and quality assurance on blog and social media posts
- Lead the development of content ideas and themes according to SEO best practices
- Oversee analytics reporting and using statistics to inform future strategy
- Identify opportunities to increase content reach and staying abreast of content marketing trends
- Leads the development of innovative ideas for interactive campaigns to drive sales and oversee their implementation by assessing ideas and their feasibility
- Establishes plans of action to bring campaigns to life and anticipates and troubleshoots road blocks in campaign implementation
- Assists in managing relationships with outside vendors for website/SEO optimization, digital content marketing, and SMS outreach
- Oversees social media and website consultation for Area Teams
- Web Site Development/Maintenance
- In collaboration with the Director of Marketing leads the creation of AFS-USA’s new website, including:
- Manages a content strategy, and oversees the execution of all content elements
- Creates an innovative and customer-focused user experience
- Manages the production and publication of strategic news and blog content
- Tracks and reports out on web analytics, including landing page optimization, general web traffic, and A/B testing.
- Oversees the maintenance of AFS team websites, ensuring that teams receive technical assistance as needed.
- Other Marketing related administrative work
- Supervises the Marketing Copywriter in the following ways: the development of correspondence, newsletters and surveys to various groups of AFS constituents; A/B testing with email subject lines and landing pages; and, the tracking and reporting out on email marketing efforts and survey results to drive best practices.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- B.A, Degree in Journalism, Marketing or Communication, English.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and to take initiative.
- Strong time management skills and professional judgment.
- Able to successfully
- manage shifting and conflicting priorities.
- A keen eye for detail, while able to see the big picture.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- HTML and/or experience with web programming.
- Graphic Design skills, knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
It is the policy of AFS-USA to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law) predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation.
Medical, Dental, HRA, FSA, Retirement Plan, Paid Holiday Days, Vacation Days, Floating Holidays, and more!
Minimum Education Required