District of Columbia
United We Dream is seeking a skilled Bookkeeper to manage our day-to-day bookkeeping and finance requirements. Confidentiality, excellent organizational skills and accuracy are important qualifications as well as great interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly. The ideal candidate will be passionate about UWD’s mission and be highly motivated about working in a fast-growing organization. S/he must be a skilled multi-tasker, reliable and committed to meeting deadlines while working collaboratively across teams in a fast-paced environment. This is a full-time position based in Washington, D.C.
Accounts Payable and Disbursements
- Process invoices and reimbursement requests received via different on-line or email sources and process through bill.com for review, approval and payment.
- Ensure all bills are accompanied with proper documentation required to ensure processing and approval;
- Ensure reimbursement requests are accompanied with required receipts and any additional documentation and follow UWD policies;
- Set up approval and payment routing for contracts in accordance with UWD’s authorization policy.
- As needed collect ACH or wire information from vendors and route to accountants for transmission (including those needed immediately);
- Requests paper checks from accountants when requested and mail.
- Serve as direct contact with vendors to execute and resolve payment issues that arise;
- Monitor payables to ensure they are paid in a timely manner.
- In preparation for Assistant Financial Director review, prepare weekly cash disbursement transaction reports and classify to appropriate location, program, fund, grant, and project.
- Work with Digital Department to analyze results of on-line donation reports including tallies of solicitation campaigns so that funds can be properly allocated to appropriate classifications and projects.
Accounts Receivable and Deposits
- Process cash receipts, record checks in check log, and prepare deposits.
- Post all receivables and checks into accounting software following organization’s G/L codes and classifications.
- Monitor receivables to ensure they are paid to UWD in a timely manner.
- Run weekly reports of receivables and deposits to reconcile against Development Department and Digital Department weekly reports.
- Manage and reconcile petty cash or cash stipends used for events within 30 days of activity.
- Manage any money order or voucher preparation, disbursements, and redeposits established for projects
- Receive and review and process all Expensify reports and supporting documentation:
- Reconcile reports and receipts submitted against debit card statements and ensure complete records are made available.
- Process all expense reimbursements including Expensify report and supporting documentation for payment.
- First approver for reimbursement.
- Support the Assistant Director of Finance in the overall and project budget process for the (C)3 and the (C)4.
- Practice and follow all finance policies and procedures.
- Support Assistant Director of Finance in ensuring controls and policies in place are followed.
● At least 2-3 years’ experience working in accounts payable and receivable, and general ledger.
● Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
● Extensive experience with data entry, record keeping, and computer operation.
● Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel) and financial management systems.
● Excellent communication skills (written, oral, and interpersonal skills)
● Track record of success in meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
● Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines under pressure
● Excellent organization and problem-solving skills and meticulous attention to detail
● Enjoys working with others and is a team player
● Deeply committed to United We Dream’s mission.
● Experience with INTACCT and Bill.com as well as on-line applications such as Expensify.
● Experience in working with non-profit, 501(c)3 and 501(c)4.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please submit a cover letter, and resume via email to email@example.com and include SENIOR FINANCE ASSOCIATE – (LAST NAME, FIRST NAME) in the subject line. Please do not send duplicate materials and incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls, please.