Volunteer Fairfax (VF) is the regional volunteer center serving Fairfax County and the National Capital Region. We serve a population of nearly 1.5 million people and we partner with leading regional public agencies, non-profits and corporations. Established as a private nonprofit in 1974, we have been the heart of volunteerism in the region for 45 years.
The Retired and Senior Volunteer Program-Northern Virginia (RSVP-NV) is a regional effort to connect the skills and experience of volunteers ages 55 and older with meaningful opportunities that have a positive impact on individuals and our community. The program represents a partnership of local volunteer centers in Fairfax County, Arlington County, and Alexandria City. Since receiving initial funding in 2012, RSVP-NV has established a strong infrastructure, including an active volunteer community and more than 45 agency and nonprofit partners. The grant, now in its third renewal cycle, is funded from April 2018 – March 2021.
The Volunteer Specialist supports the maintenance and growth of RSVP programming across the Northern Virginia region, as administered by Senior Corps through the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS). The Volunteer Specialist position will be based out of Volunteer Fairfax in Fairfax, Virginia, but will also work as needed in Arlington and Alexandria. More information can be found at http://www.rsvpnova.org/.
This position supports RSVP-NV by engaging older adult volunteers, nonprofit and government agency workstations, and community partners. He/She will assist with the program’s marketing efforts, as well as the program’s community-building activities. The Volunteer Specialist is responsible for aspects related to volunteer management to include volunteer recruitment, placement and recognition, workstation relations, and volunteer reporting for this regional endeavor.
Reports to: Program Manager, Retired and Senior Volunteer Program-Northern Virginia
Areas of Responsibility
RSVP –Northern Virginia (90%)
· Represent Volunteer Fairfax at community outreach events, and other appropriate activities as requested
· Support all staff events and projects
· 1-3 years of professional experience in community organizing, program management with a strong emphasis on Volunteer Management
· Demonstrated interest in the gerontology field and/or working with older adults
· Strong organizational skills, superb time management, attention to detail
· Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced team-oriented office environment
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, and teamwork skills required
· Demonstrated examples of personal and professional initiative
· Knowledge of the nonprofit sector and Northern Virginia community is a plus
· Availability to work a flexible schedule including evening and weekends is required
· Prior experience in public speaking or training is preferred
· BA or BS degree required
Volunteer Fairfax (VF) is the regional volunteer center serving Fairfax County and the National Capital Region. We serve a population of nearly 1.5 million people and we partner with leading regional public agencies, non-profits and…
Salary, which is dependent on experience, ranges from $32,000 to $36,000. Volunteer Fairfax offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical (including dental and vision) short term disability, long term disability and life insurance; Simple IRA with up to 3% match; vacation and sick leave; paid time-off to volunteer in the community each quarter; flexible scheduling; and professional development opportunities.
Salary, which is dependent on experience, ranges from $32,000 to $36,000. Volunteer Fairfax offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical (including dental and…
Email a cover letter explaining why you think this is a match for you and for Volunteer Fairfax, resume and salary requirement to: Emily Swenson, CAO --email@example.com. In the subject line of your email, please include “RSVPVS -your last name”. Resumes will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. Please only serious candidates should apply.
Email a cover letter explaining why you think this is a match for you and for Volunteer Fairfax, resume and salary requirement to: Emily Swenson, CAO --firstname.lastname@example.org…