47 Cathedral Avenue
The main role of the Director of Strategic Marketing and Communications is to successfully articulate Sacred Heart’s position as an outstanding Catholic college preparatory school, rooted in the mission of the Sisters of St. Joseph, for young women who lead with heart. Reporting to the President, the person in this position will establish highly collaborative relationships with all members of the school’s administration, faculty and staff to provide strategic leadership, oversight and technical expertise for the creation and implementation of all communications content, consistently reflecting our vision, brand and core values of courage, compassion and commitment. Key areas of support include athletics, institutional advancement and school programming.
Position duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Create and execute a plan that regularly places Sacred Heart Academy in local media, highlighting school, student and alumnae accomplishments.
• Manage the school’s website, including written and visual content, forms, key messaging, brand identity and images. Ensure that content is current, easy to find, relevant, visually compelling and well-written.
• Oversee the execution of SHA’s social media program including the coordination of vibrant, current and consistent messaging across all channels; the creation of an annual social media plan; establishing policies for content and access; training for administration, faculty, and students; monitoring best practices among high schools.
• Support Institutional Advancement department, specifically the marketing support of Annual Dinner Dance, Golf Outing, and other events and initiatives to engage alumnae and support fundraising goals
• Collaborate with the SHA Alumnae Association on their social media channels (LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter) to increase engagement with Sacred Heart Academy and strengthen the alumnae network.
• Manage all media requests and messaging, including writing and distributing press releases and cultivating strong relationships with local media.
• Review all Sacred Heart Academy print and digital materials to ensure the consistent use of brand and messaging in communications to various Sacred Heart constituents and public audiences.
• Draft, design and send all emails from the school, and act as the central hub of information for internal constituents.
• Collaborate with internal staff and external vendors to acquire photography/videography of school events and activities for publications and stock library. Manage the image library via Google drive and utilize images to create engaging campaigns for admissions, events and general communications.
• Prepare and manage an annual marketing budget
• Design qualitative and quantitative criteria to measure the effectiveness of Sacred Heart’s marketing programs.
• A bachelor’s degree in marketing, public affairs, journalism, communications, English or a related field.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to use social media effectively.
• Ability to manage several projects simultaneously, think creatively to find alternatives to completing projects when barriers arise, and meet deadlines.
• Ability to create print and digital materials using Photoshop, InDesign, or other comparable layout software.
• Computer literacy (Microsoft Office including Word and Exel), website management experience and database familiarity.
• An understanding of Catholic education and philanthropic practices and ethics.
• Comfortable performing many tasks with limited resources. Committed to the mission of Sacred Heart Academy.
About Sacred Heart Academy
Sacred Heart Academy is a Catholic college preparatory school dedicated to the intellectual and personal growth of young women. A focus on the specific needs of young women creates a unique environment that both challenges and nurtures students to help them discover and achieve their full potential. Offering many opportunities for success, Sacred Heart Academy provides rigorous academics, varied extracurricular activities, and religious values that nourish mind, body, and soul. The result is the development of purposeful and successful women who “lead with heart” and are ready for life’s challenges.
Rooted in the mission of the Sisters of St. Joseph, the school’s dedicated teachers and administrators have made Sacred Heart an outstanding Catholic college preparatory school for young women on Long Island.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please include resume and cover letter via email.