The Lymphoma Research Foundation (LRF) is the nation’s largest non-profit organization devoted to funding innovative research and serving the lymphoma community through a comprehensive series of education programs, outreach initiatives and patient services. The Foundation currently seeks a Team LRF Coordinator who will be responsible for supporting the Fundraise Your Way initiative within the Team LRF portfolio. The Coordinator reports to the Associate Director of Team LRF and is located in the LRF national office in New York City.
Team LRF is a community of individuals dedicated to supporting our mission – to eradicate lymphoma and serve those touched by this disease. Each year, thousands of Team LRF members across the country turn their talents and interests into impactful support of LRF, doing whatever it takes to make a difference. Fundraise Your Way participants are “do it yourself-ers” who organize their own peer-to-peer fundraising events or participating in existing events in their local communities on behalf of Team LRF.
The Coordinator will work alongside of the team responsible for Team LRF signature events, which include a national Lymphoma Walk campaign and LRF’s Research Ride. Together, the team is responsible for combined annual revenue of nearly $2 million. Team LRF staff are responsible for engaging LRF donors across the country to raise critical funds for lymphoma research and spread awareness about LRF’s programs and efforts on behalf of people with lymphoma.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the Fundraise Your Way Team LRF initiative, serving as the main point of contact and fundraising coach for all participants
- Address and manage all relevant email and phone inquiries
- Manage logistics for recurring initiatives, such as purchasing of bibs/slots for the 5 Boro Bike Tour, Rock N’ Roll race series and other national events
- Serve as the main point of support for new and recurring events and campaigns, supporting webpage setup, fundraising support, and logistical support as necessary
- Distribute Team LRF welcome kits to new supporters and individuals who request information about opportunities to get involved
- Engage Fundraise Your Way participants in additional LRF initiatives, after the completion of their event
- Manage agenda for weekly internal Team LRF meetings
- Maintain and improve marketing and program materials, including brochures, posters, and participant toolkits
- Manage communications efforts, including email campaigns, social media outreach and public relations efforts, as necessary
- Maintain forecast of portfolio and work donors through moves management process to optimize portfolio
- Build and manage websites using Luminate Online and/or EveryDay Hero, LRF’s web-based database and website programs
- Manage post-event activity, including participant incentive fulfillment, email/social media campaigns, and reconciliation reports
- Work with Associate Director to manage event budgets, expenses, and all invoices and check requests
- Assist with other Team LRF events as needed
Qualifications and Position Requirements:
· Minimum 1-year professional nonprofit fundraising experience required
· Experience with Luminate Online or the Raiser’s Edge highly desired
· Marketing/design experience a plus
· Highly organized and motivated; must be able to work independently
· Excellent communication skills; ability to articulate program goals and organization mission
· Excellent computer skills including MS Office Suite and database management
· Capable of managing multiple priorities effectively
· Good oral communication and presentation skills
· Demonstrated knowledge and use of digital, social media and emerging online channels
· Detail-oriented and highly organized
· Professional and solid judgment
· Proactive, can-do attitude
· Ability to motivate and inspire volunteers
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Physical demands are typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- Work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- May be required to move campaign materials weighing up to 50 pounds for various events
- Domestic travel required
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
- Possess a valid driver’s license and be willing to drive in a variety of circumstances
To apply, please email resume, cover letter and salary requirements to:
firstname.lastname@example.org and put Team LRF Coordinator in the subject line.
Please note that all applicants invited to participate in the interview process will also be required to complete an application and are subject to a background check.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please email resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: email@example.com and put Team LRF Coordinator in the subject line.