PO Box 617
RTG Employment Specialist
To engage at-risk youth and young adults in career exploration and employment training that meet the demands of today’s skilled-based workforce in order for youth to achieve economic independence.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare youth with job acquisition skills
- Develop curriculum that includes Resume creation, job application and interview skills
- Interviews youth’s to record and assess employment information to determine clients’ career development opportunities.
- Establish relationships with employers that will work with youth in training program
- Determines employers’ job requirements and refers qualified clients.
- Determines youth eligibility for employment and explains requirements of job.
- Determines what employment services are needed and explains available job openings and occupational trainings available.
- Verifies the satisfactory placement of youth with employers and obtains some form of employment verification.
- Contacts employers to follow up with referrals.
- May administer and interpret aptitude and proficiency tests
- Update information to case managers related to youth’s behavior and progress.
- Manage each student’s personal file in an organized and discreet manner
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Associate Degree and/or 3 years of full-time paid satisfactory work experience in one of the following areas: sales, personnel/human resources, marketing, human services, advertising or other related fields.
- 2+ years work experience with children/youth
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with urban youth and urban church community a plus
- Highly creative; skilled multi-tasker, precise attention to details and initiator; works well under pressure with competing priorities under strict time constraints.
- Applicants from the South Bronx, or similar urban areas, are encouraged to apply.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please e-mail RESUME and COVER LETTER to Jobs.firstname.lastname@example.org, attention DirectorTara Brown-Arnell. Cover letters must contain desired salary. Please include a description of a situation when you secured employment for a hard to place youth. Applicants can only apply via email. No calls to the office will be accepted. Resumes with no cover letter will not be reviewed.