The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The Division of Information Technology aims to align technology solutions with the DOHMH mission by prioritizing resource use and deploying innovations that facilitate the agency’s day-to-day activities and enhance staff productivity and efficiency. Our goal is to provide users with a reliable, stable, and safe computing environment, through the collaboration of the Bureau of Technology Strategy & Project Management provides business analysis and IT project management services to define and deliver IT solutions that meet all program needs.
DOHMH is seeking a Project Manager/Analyst for applications that are used for Clinical Decision Support (CDS) including its EMR/EHR associated systems. The consultant will coordinate with vendors and external and internal teams to implement enhancements to the systems, streamline operations, improve technologies that exchange data with the systems, and to make workflows more efficient. The Project Manager/Analyst will work closely with the Division of Disease Control’s Bureau of Communicable Disease, Bureau of Tuberculosis Control and Bureau of Sexually Transmitted Infections Control to guarantee successful definition, creation, and delivery of CDS systems. The role will require overseeing EMR/EHR projects and ensuring that activities are carried out in accordance with established goals, objectives, schedules, and budgets.
· Minimum seven (7) years of experience in a role as IT project manager leading complex, enterprise-wide technical and/or business initiatives
· Minimum seven (7) years of experience with managing SDLC Waterfall and/or Agile methodology projects
· Minimum seven (7) years of experience in creating project management artifacts (project charter, project plan, timelines), MS Project or other project management software, requirements documents, project and resource planning, deployment plans, support plans, conversion plans
· Minimum four (4) years in gathering requirements, business analysis, use cases and creating functional requirements documents
· Minimum three (3) years of experience managing web-based applications especially .net and java web-based solutions using SQL Server
· Minimum three (3) years in vendor management
· Experience with RFP process
· Experience with HL7, web services, XML, MS SQL databases, SSIS packages, and reporting tools to build reports and interfaces with external systems
· Experience with clinical operations and workflow
· Excellent communication (verbal & written) and interpersonal skills
· Strong analytical skills and ability to manage and report complex information
· Experience with data collection, analysis, and interpretation.
· Experience with writing and running queries in SQL
· Fluency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio, and PowerPoint
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALITIES
· Experience working with City of New York agencies
· Experience with programming in .net and/or java web-based applications
· PMP certification preferred
· Epic experience
· Public health experience
SALARY AND BENEFITS
FPHNYC offers a comprehensive benefits package. The salary range for this position is commensurate with experience.
There is potential for this position to transition to DOHMH and therefore candidates must meet DOHMH eligibility requirement including NYC residency.
To apply, send Resume, with Cover Letter, including how your experience relates to this position here. We ask that you do not contact our staff directly and no phone inquiries please. Applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted.
The Fund for Public Health in New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages a diverse pool of candidates to apply.
The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health…