Full Time Temporary
The Journey Through Hallowed Ground is launching the National History Academy, a new 5-week residential summer experience for 100 highly motivated high school students from June 24 to July 28, 2018.
We are seeking a full time RN to be responsible for the health, safety and welfare of the National History Academy community through sound health practices, while complying with all federal regulations.
• Monitor health conditions of students and staff.
• Review all student and staff medical histories.
• Responsible for proper daily records and reports regarding all Academy incidents and accidents in daily medical log.
• Responsible for dispensation of medicine as prescribed by a physician.
• Prepare first aid kits for outings.
• Communicate directly with parents regarding student's health.
• Maintain and communicate to staff emergency phone number list.
• Prepare medical log for overnight trips.
• Present general medical information to staff at orientation.
• Order all necessary first aid supplies, in consultation with the Academy Director
• Maintains a clean and a well-stocked health center.
• Aware of emergency procedures and prepared to act if warranted.
• Actively participate in staff training, meetings, etc.
• Help out with all activities and participate as a member of the staff team.
• Demonstrate/teach the values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility to all students and staff.
• Follow all rules, regulations and policies and enforce them among peers.
• Maintain positive public relations with parents, visitors, and the general public at all times.
• Able to visually and audibly identify and respond to environmental and other hazards related to assigned activities.
• Submit all required paperwork on time.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• RN required
• Must be 21 years of age or older.
• Sound judgment, integrity, problem solving skills and risk management.
• Ability to multitask.
• Physical assessment skills with children ages 13-18 years old.
• Certified in CPR and First Aid and AED.
• Positive attitude and ability to build a cohesive team.
• Willingness to go above and beyond the written job description.
• Hiring is dependent on passing Federal and State Background Checks.
• 2-3 years of nursing experience preferred but not required.
• Strong relationship building skills, plenty of patience and ability to establish and maintain health clinic operations.
This is a 5-week residential program, so the Nurse is expected to live on-campus for the duration of the five weeks. The position will provide room & board and a stipend.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Michelle Burrelli (Michelle@historycamp.com). No phone calls.