Details: commensurate with experience
9 Hanover Place
The Director of Finance supports financial and human resources systems that are the backbone of the school.
He/She reports to the Executive Director and is a critical member of the Operations team, responsible for keeping the school organized and efficient while maintaining a professional and friendly environment for parents, students, and staff. He/she must be willing to get his/her hands dirty and relish the challenge of finding ways to work smarter and more cost-efficiently.
- Prepare and maintain accurate financial reports and accounting files for budgeting and accounting purposes.
- Monitor financial activities, aligning monthly spending with budgets, analyzing budget variances and reconciling general ledger activities.
- Post revenues, bank deposits, expenses, check disbursements in QuickBooks and files all related accounting documents
- Post all cash receipts, cash disbursements, revenues and expenses in the accounting system in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Manage payables, determine payment schedule and confirm accurate and updated Accounts Payable packages
- Perform all bookeeping duties (Procurify, Sassant and QuickBooks), including making entries and confirming approvals. Work closely with Director of Operations and the school’s’ financial consultants for support and review
- Lead monthly closing process
- Review and confirm all on-boarding and HR documents related to new employees including W-4’s, I-9’s, Employee Handbook, offer letters, direct deposit, fingerprinting confirmations, tuition reimbursement documents (as needed)
- Support HR and benefits administration for a growing school; maintain relationships with third-parties (ADP, bank, financial consultants, and insurance providers)
- Work with brokers to administer benefits enrollment/withdrawal including insurance and retirement plans
- Onboard new school staff
- Support senior management to resolve employee relations challenges promptly
- Facilitate effective communication and feedback between teachers and Operations staff
- Manage payroll responsibilities including relationship with ADP, electronic payroll processing, W-2 and 1099 distribution, timesheet management, posting payroll expenses in accounting system, filing of related documents using ICS online database system
- Process expense reimbursement for all staff, confirm proper receipts and amounts and filing of related documents using ICS online database system
- Track all PTO (vacation, sick, personal, etc) and send monthly updates to staff
- Medical - 80% paid
- DCA, FSA,
- 401K with match
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Apply on our website above