Reports to: Director of Mobilization and Generosity
Last updated: April 2021
Hope for New York (HFNY) mobilizes volunteer and financial resources to organizations serving the poor and marginalized in New York City. Our vision is a city in which individuals and communities experience spiritual, personal, social and economic well-being through the demonstration of Christ’s love.
HFNY focuses on expanding and deepening partnerships with faith-based nonprofits in NYC (our affiliates) through financial support, volunteer mobilization, capacity building, and collaborative networks. These efforts resource and strengthen HFNY’s affiliates with the goal that they are thriving and effective, as measured by incorporation of nonprofit best practices, so that the greatest number of the poor and marginalized in NYC can experience holistic flourishing.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Mobilization Team at HFNY is committed to mobilizing volunteers, donors and churches to give and serve generously towards HFNY and our affiliates in order to further strengthen our impact in New York City. Our goal is to identify, cultivate and retain volunteer, donor and institutional relationships (churches, foundations and corporations). We primarily do this work through individual and institutional relationships. We define success and identify metrics to evaluate internally and communicate externally.
The Mobilization Support Specialist is a key member of the Mobilization team at Hope for New York, reporting to the Director of Mobilization and Generosity. The Mobilization Support Specialist will:
- Manage all donor operations and processing functions
- Support Mobilization Team in data and systems management
- Provide administrative support to the Mobilization Team
- Manage all aspects of donations management and gift processing including data entry, gift recording, gift acknowledgement and campaign tracking
- Generate donor acknowledgement and receipts in a timely manner
- Track and record all individual gifts, campaigns, pledges and corporate matching gifts
Mobilization Data and Systems Support
- Prepare and analyze donations reports to support fund development goals and initiatives
- Work with HFNY’s Data and Systems Manager to develop reports and dashboards in Salesforce and other relevant systems
- Maintain accuracy of donor database by updating records on a regular basis
- Support Mobilization Team’s communication efforts through Salesforce and Pardot
- Use Pardot analytics to report on email marketing engagement
- Analyze website traffic using Google Analytics and other tools
- Enter all Redeemer related volunteer opportunities into Craft for Redeemer Connect (weekly)
- Customer service - field and direct inquiries (phone & email) from our stakeholders
- Schedule all meetings and events for Mobilization Team
- Work with Mobilization Team to set agenda, take notes and send follow-ups from meetings
- Manage check request process for Volunteer Impact Grant reimbursements
- Support Mobilization Team staff in credit card reconciliations
- Deep commitment to serving the poor and marginalized
- Understanding of biblical stewardship and generosity
- 3-5 years of professional experience required, prior donor relations and management of teams experience preferred
- Prefer experience in managing direct reports
- Results-driven and outcomes-focused individual
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to reach aggressive fundraising goals for a growing organization
- Self-starter, quick learner, hard worker; able to work independently with minimal oversight
- Thrives under pressure, remains calm and takes on difficult challenges
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential and sensitive donor information
- Superb communication skills (oral and written); effectively represent HFNY externally
- Resourceful and strategic problem-solving ability; takes initiative with solutions
- Strong project management skills; ability to take an idea from concept to completion
- High level of professionalism, maturity and integrity; maintaining tact, discretion and diplomacy with internal and external stakeholders
- Flexible and adaptable; open to feedback and improvement with positive and humble attitude
- Experience with Salesforce, email marketing, social media channels strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree
OUR CORE VALUES
- Collaboration - We work better when we work together. We encourage teamwork, we share goals, and we learn from each other.
- Excellence - We are entrusted to do important work so we strive to do our best. We are stewards of the gifts, talents, and resources we have as individuals and as an organization.
- Growth - Everyone on our team has been given unique gifts and talents to offer. We are committed to providing opportunities to learn and grow so we can flourish.
- Passion - We have Kingdom ambition to catalyze Kingdom renewal. We set big goals because we want to make the biggest impact we can for the poor & marginalized in NYC.
- Respect - We share our ideas and listen to the ideas of others. We communicate with humility, candor, respect, and encouragement.
- Joy - We nurture a community where there is meaningful work, celebration, appreciation and recognition.
The preceding job description has been designed to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employee within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of the employee(s) assigned to this job. Other duties may be added, or this job description amended at any time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the principal duties satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the principal duties of the job, except where to do so would cause an undue hardship on Hope for New York’s business operations.
Employment at Hope for New York is at-will, which means that either the employee or Hope for New York can terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause or notice. Nothing in this Job Description should be construed to diminish the at-will employment relationship in any manner.