COLLEGE ASSISTANT- Administrative
Details: Salary commensurate with experience.
47-49 East 65th Street
Roosevelt House, located on Manhattan's Upper East Side, was the historic New York City home of Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt and Franklin's mother, Sara Delano Roosevelt, from 1908 to 1942. An integral part of Hunter College since 1943, it reopened in 2010 after an extensive renovation as the permanent home of the Roosevelt House Public Policy Institute at Hunter College, dedicated to teaching, research and public programming in the fields of public policy and human rights. The institute provides opportunities for Hunter students to experience meaningful civic engagement and pursue undergraduate studies in public policy and human rights; for faculty to research, teach, and write about important issues of the day; and for scholarly and public audiences to participate in high-profile lectures, seminars and conferences.
Job Title: College Assistant
Location: Roosevelt House Public Policy Institute
Regular/ Temporary: Regular
Roosevelt House is seeking an experienced, highly competent hourly college assistant with exceptional organizational and communication skills to provide administrative and operational support.
Responsibilities would include facilities and operations management; receptionist duties; procurement and receiving; researching and assembling background information for meetings and appointments; updating contact information in MS Outlook and other database entry; filing; photocopying; typing and proofreading correspondence; mail distribution; light bookkeeping, and other tasks as assigned. The candidate should have excellent computer skills, including knowledge of MS Office, as well as strong administrative and organizational skills. The ideal candidate for the job would be a team player who is resourceful and able to anticipate the Chief Administrative Officer’s needs. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a dynamic and growing institution.
- Answers main phone line and general email inquiries, directing calls and forwarding emails to respective staff members.
- Responds to public inquiries regarding Roosevelt House public programming and directs them to the website or assists them in registration for events at Roosevelt House.
- Organizes, manages, and tracks written and email correspondence, maintaining logs and records of follow-up activities; distributes correspondence to staff members.
- Maintains an ongoing calendar of reports, deadlines, and key dates and incorporates these into a schedule to assist in the coordination of appointments and meetings.
- Assists with administrative tasks such as updating office databases, lists, and files to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Maintains an inventory of office supplies, assists in the procurement process of new inventory.
- Conducts regular building inspections to assess repair needs and creates status reports accordingly.
- Follows up with Facilities Management on work orders relating to building operations assessment.
- Manages availability spreadsheet of two guest apartments; coordinates the scheduling of cleaning and laundry services; and maintains inventory of apartment supplies.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, related experience.
- Ability to complete projects and work independently and/or as a team member.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a cover letter and resume to Delecia McLean at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
All applications must include a cover letter explaining your interest in and qualifications for the position, a resume, and the names and contact information for 3 references. The resume, cover letter, and any other required documents must be uploaded as ONE document. The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format.