130 East 59 Street
About the Organization:
UJA-Federation of New York is the largest local philanthropy in the world. For 100 years, we have inspired New Yorkers to act on their values and invest in their community for the biggest impact. Thanks to our network of nearly 100 beneficiary agencies, we can leverage our expertise across any number of areas — including health and human services, arts and culture, and education — to deliver real solutions to real problems. Through a single gift, you can care for New Yorkers of all backgrounds and for Jews everywhere; connect people to their Jewish identity, and respond to crises around the world.
The audio-visual technician will coordinate general A/V production and presentation services for UJA-Federation and for other groups using UJA-Federation facilities. The A/V technician will provide services for in-house meetings, as well as for outside events, and will report to and work with the audio-visual manager. This position is the first shift starting at 7:30/8am – 4pm. Some evening hours possible and flexibility with shift change helpful. The A/V technician will also help to operate and maintain the A/V facility, including production equipment, A/V library and archives, and supplies.
- Operate and maintain AV equipment for live events in-house as well as at outside events.
- Perform day-to-day audio visual (AV) functions, including end-user coordination / training and troubleshooting.
- Help with coordinating, planning, and arranging AV presentations.
- Operate videoconferencing technologies (i.e. Lifesize and Tandberg) and equipment for executive presentations and meetings.
- Research and implement best practices to resolve equipment issues.
- Help with conferencing between satellite offices.
- Respond and resolve user support requests.
- College Degree in a related field plus three years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of experience and Technical School training
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service skills
- Ability to multitask
- Experience with Microsoft PowerPoint and presentation best practices
- Strong understanding of Microsoft and Mac products, basic networking, remote communications and telecommunications
- Experience with standard video editing technologies
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply: Equal Opportunity Employment. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please submit your application directly to our job board at https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1075UJAF