218 West 40th Street
NAF is a national network of education, business, and community leaders who work together to ensure high school students are college, career, and future ready. NAF’s educational design ignites students’ passion for learning and gives businesses the opportunity to shape America’s future workforce by transforming the learning environment to include STEM infused, industry-specific curricula and work-based learning experiences, including internships.
Since 1982, NAF has been partnering with high-need communities to improve outcomes for students by implementing NAF academies – small learning communities within existing high schools. NAF has grown from one NAF Academy of Finance in New York City to hundreds of academies across the country focusing on growing industries including: finance, hospitality & tourism, information technology, engineering, and health sciences.
During the 2017-18 school year, over 100,000 students attended 644 NAF academies across 36 states, including DC and the US Virgin Islands. In 2017, NAF academies reported 97% of seniors graduated with 90% of graduates planning to go to college.
The Operations Associate works to ensure that all administrative and facility functions operate smoothly in a coordinated and professional manner. She/he will come into contact with employees from all across the organization but works in close collaboration the Finance and HR departments.
- Answers the phones representing the values of NAF by providing quality customer service to all callers including NAF staff
- Act as the receptionist at the front desk
- Responsible for the overall office appearance (including the back storage area) and minor repairs
- Maintain inventory of office supplies and unpack/distribute the shipments
- Coordinate the purchase of furniture and certain office equipment
- Facilitate the maintenance of office equipment (copier, postage machine, etc.)
- Coordinates with building management on needed repairs and office maintenance
- Assist the Senior Director, Administrative Services with vendor relationships when necessary
- Manage outgoing FedEx and other mailings
- Provide organizational support for meetings in the NYC office and offsite
- Coordinate the printing of materials and shipping for the NAF Next conference
- Support Finance with bank deposits, scanning and other requests
- Receives and distributes shipments and mail
- Provide administrative support as requested to remote staff as well as NYC based staff
- Maintains the office kitchen
- Assists with moving files to Iron Mountain
- Other duties as assigned
High school diploma or equivalent
Prior experience supporting an office in a similar capacity
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Demonstrated work history of problem-solving and resourcefulness
· Strong interpersonal skills, proven ability to work well with individuals at all levels
· Self-motivated, responsible and experienced at working in fast-paced environments
· Detail oriented, able to multi-task effectively
· Professional phone demeanor
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title, your first name and last name in the subject line.
Minimum Education Required