6 West 48th Street
WHO WE ARE
Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors (RPA) is a nonprofit organization that currently advises on and manages more than $200 million in annual giving by individuals, families, corporations, and major foundations. Continuing the Rockefeller family's legacy of thoughtful, effective philanthropy, RPA remains at the forefront of philanthropic growth and innovation, with a diverse team led by experienced grantmakers with significant depth of knowledge across the spectrum of issue areas. Founded in 2002, RPA has grown into one of the world's largest philanthropic service organizations and, as a whole, has facilitated more than $3 billion in grantmaking to nearly 70 countries. RPA also serves as a fiscal sponsor for more than 45 projects, providing governance, management and operational infrastructure to support their charitable purposes. For more information, please go to www.rockpa.org.
WHO WE SEEK
We seek an enthusiastic, reliable, self-starter who has passion for RPA’s mission and values, and a commitment to excellence. The ideal candidate is an experienced professional with an understanding and appreciation for the work of non-profit organizations. This person must be flexible, proactive, committed to exceptional client service, command a strong attention to detail, and enjoy teamwork.
The Senior Researcher is responsible for developing research, conducting analysis and creating content that advances RPA’s thought leadership and public profile. With a primary focus on RPA’s leading thought leadership initiatives, the Senior Researcher works closely with the Director of Knowledge Development and collaborates with the Marketing and Communications team and other colleagues throughout the organization to create high profile, relevant services and publications. Primary responsibilities include:
• Conducting research, interviews and analysis;
• Assisting in developing content, donor resources and thought leadership publications;
• Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of philanthropic trends and innovations;
• Identifying and producing practical research that advances RPA’s role as a thought leader and contributes to the philanthropic sector;
• Serving as an active thought partner to Director of Knowledge Development;
• Providing research support for client activities, speaking engagements and client proposals, across the organization’s lines of services and offices;
• Contributing in substantive ways to RPA’s marketing and donor development strategies;
• Supporting the planning, content and delivery of relevant external convenings and media outputs.
• BA and advanced degree or equivalent required
• A minimum of three years of demonstrated experience in a related role, preferably with deep knowledge of the philanthropic sector. International experience, a plus.
• Commitment to RPA’s values of integrity, trust, diversity and quality;
• Outstanding research, writing and copy editing skills;
• Strong interpersonal skills, effective and clear communicator; experienced speaker;
• Responsible, responsive and deadline driven;
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail;
• Proficiency in using social media and other channels for research and dissemination;
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, a highly collaborative spirit;
• A quick learner and self-starter, adept and accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment;
• Intellectually curious and creative;
• Experience in and passion for philanthropy.
Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including health coverage, retirement benefits, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement and access to professional development resources.
Applications, which will be reviewed as received, must include a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications, and your resume. Please Apply Here by March 31, 2018.
No telephone calls, please.
Minimum Education Required