Ada Developers Academy is a non-profit, tuition-free coding school for women and gender expansive adults. We focus on serving Black, Latine, Indigenous, and Pacific Islander communities, low income people, and members of the LGBTQIA+ community. Our program consists of two highly immersive parts: six months of focused instruction, and five months of internship at partner companies, where students refine their skills working on real-world code.
About this position
We are looking for a Career Services Manager to coach Ada interns through their first experience in a software engineering role and job search. As a member of our Partnerships team, you will also be responsible for identifying educational and professional opportunities for interns and alums to advance their careers in tech. This is a full-time position (40 hours per week) with a base annual salary of $60,000 - $65,000 (DOE) and excellent benefits.
Intern Support and Education (65%)
- Proactively monitor internships with companies and interns (through surveys, 1:1 meetings, etc)
- Anticipate issues that may arise and identify solutions, coach interns and companies (managers/mentors) toward resolution, collaborating with other Ada staff as needed
- Work with the other Career Services Manager to determine career development content for each cohort, securing speakers to present or presenting on career-related topics, e.g. networking, resumes, interview prep, salary negotiation
- Coordinate Midpoint Review process and follow up
- Work closely with the Program Manager for Internships and Alums to oversee the intern to full-time employment transition period, including setting up full-time interview loops with partner companies, coaching job-hunting interns
- Help with internship matching process
Company Partner Relationships (15%)
- Meet individually with managers/mentors throughout the internship process as needed and maintain open lines of communication with them
- Develop and maintain relationships with company partners, and understand their hiring needs in order to connect interns and alums with opportunities that match their interests and expertise
- Facilitate networking between interns, alums, and companies
Alum Support (15%)
- Work with the Education team and the other Career Services Manager to design opportunities for rigorous, robust professional development that supports alums’ career goals
- Maintain contact with alums and interns who are seeking employment placement assistance
- Report key internship metrics, such as Midpoint Review data, placement data, and salary data.
- Support colleagues with related work as needed.
- Provide input into program development as it relates to career services
- 3-5 years of experience in a career services-related field, preferably in a career coaching position
- Knowledge of hiring processes and how to conduct an effective job search, especially in the tech industry
- Strong ability to prioritize and execute effectively across multiple streams of work
- Excellent organizational ability and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to change
- Exceptional and empathetic written and verbal communications skills; ability to thoughtfully craft communications to reflect the audience
- Outstanding relationship building skills, with a proven ability to cultivate effective and authentic relationships across lines of difference; ability to mediate and influence others to achieve a shared vision
- Proficiency in spreadsheets and ability to pick up new skills/tools quickly is a plus
- Enthusiastic support of Ada’s mission and demonstrated embodiment of Ada’s values in a work environment.
We will prioritize applications that come in by July 9.
We hope to be drivers of change, and believe having a team of diverse backgrounds will enable us to strengthen our impact for others. Ada is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at email@example.com.