590 Avenue of the Americas
The Foundling reaches 27,000 children and families each year in all five boroughs of New York City, surrounding counties, and Puerto Rico. Established in 1869, our vision is a community where every person, regardless of background or circumstance, enjoys the safe, stable, and supportive relationships needed to reach his or her full potential. To achieve this, we provide evidence-based and evidence-informed programs that focus on keeping families together; preventing abuse and neglect; providing academic support for children; and giving people with developmental disabilities the tools and training they need to lead independent lives. For more information please visit www.nyfoundling.org.
The Human Resources Assistant will work as part of the Human Resources team to facilitate the processing of CDRs, SCRs, check requests and process employment verifications. In addition, the HR assistant will also provide support in the processing of new hires and provide general office support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Facilitate the new hire process by:
· Prepare conference room for orientation and conference room cleanup after the orientation
- Review all new hire files to ensure all pre-hire documentation is included in the file and enter in the system.
- Prepare a benefits package, a new hire packet, copy employee handbooks and distribute
- Lead the Orientation Meeting and facilitate the Praesidium training
- Review completed documentation during orientation
- Process all forms associated with new hires(i.e. I9, SCR, PCN’s, etc.) and input all data into the system
- SCR returns must also be monitored
- Enroll employees in benefits in HRIS system at the end of orientation
· Completing employee ID’s, copying documents as needed
· Create copies of I9 documentation during the orientation
· Create a list of missing documentation that needs to be collected at New hire
· Reviewing all new hire folders
Provide General HR Office support by:
- Answering main HR phone line, filing, faxing, and copying as needed
- Ensure common areas are neat and organized
- Create all new and replacement ID’s
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned
- Provide back up for all other assistant tasks in their absence
- Greeting candidates/employees and helping them with any information needed
- Manage all Medical Clearances
- Input all health related employee information into Filebound
- Process clearances through Medical Department and enter into the spreadsheet
- Follow up on and track subsequent TST and/or vaccinations as needed
- Monitor Annual Physicals
o Enter, track and Inform supervisor, employee when they are due and send late notices when necessary.
- Monitor all SEL clearances for all newly hired employees
- Process all fingerprint clearances prior to HR Orientation (OPWDD, DCJS and OMH) and on an ongoing basis for all employees including temps.
- Monitor Arrest notifications for current employees
- Remove employees from DCJS/OPWDD/OMH once they are terminated
· Distribute all electronic faxes
· Tracking of all RSVPs for HR Trainings and filing acknowledgments
· Manage Service Awards event
- All other duties as assigned
We invite you to join our dedicated & diverse workforce by applying directly at https://re31.ultipro.com/NEW1025/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=2713.
Minimum Education Required