Details: Commensurate with experience
235 Montgomery Street
EARN is a national non-profit helping working families achieve prosperity through savings. As the nation’s leading microsavings provider, EARN designs and launches financial technology tools that create financial stability for America’s most economically vulnerable populations. EARN’s ultimate vision is that well-informed American households will achieve financial success through proven strategies, fair public policy and their own hard work.
EARN is in the midst of a rapid transformation from a well-established direct service provider to a national organization working at the intersection of nonprofit service and financial technology. We have created the Head of Product position to help us plot a path for continued innovation and scale in the coming years by leading our product development process and delivering high-quality fintech tools to financially vulnerable Americans.
ABOUT OUR PRODUCT
EARN’S primary product, SaverLife (www.saverlife.org) is successfully helping over 100,000 working Americans across all 50 states to build a lasting habit of savings and is on track to scale significantly. SaverLife provides users with the ability to set goals, link their savings accounts through the Plaid API, track progress and receive financial incentives by direct deposit. The product’s backend was developed using Python and Django; the frontend Angular and Ruby. SaverLife is supported by an offshore development team and a four-person product and customer support team.
THE HEAD OF PRODUCT ROLE Reporting to the Chief Impact Officer (CIO), the Head of Product leads EARN’s product team, and is critical to defining success for EARN and ensuring we achieve our ambitious goals. The Head of Product manages the development and day-to-day implementation of EARN’s product development process and contributes to the overall strategic direction of the organization.
Product Development and Leadership
• Lead EARN’s product development process, defining the product vision and strategy and implementing a prioritized roadmap
• Drive product development by leading all phases of the process: ideation, design, development, and product rollout
• Work with a cross-functional team to effectively align roadmaps based on organization’s priorities, set clear and measurable objectives, and deploy resources appropriately to achieve impact goals
• Provide technical leadership and guidance to the executive team, colleagues, and external partners
Technical Management and Oversight
• Understand technical interdependencies and communicate what's needed to our engineering team
• Oversee the task planning and daily activities of an offshore team of software engineers
• Deliver crisp product requirement documents that are easily understood by technical and non-technical audiences
Quality and Accountability
• Deliver an excellent customer experience, continually raising the bar on functionality, usability, and simplicity.
• Champion operational excellence, establishing metrics and process for regular assessment and improvement
WHO YOU ARE
• You are an expert in gathering, analyzing, and translating market and customer behavior into real product requirements. You have excellent decision-making skills and a knack for identifying, prioritizing, and articulating the highest impact initiatives
• You have formal experience as a Software Engineer / Developer with product ownership experience, including experience architecting, developing, and launching software products and/or services
• You have a proven record of developing compelling technical roadmaps, story outlines, writing user stories, grooming product backlogs and coordinating/prioritizing conflicting requirements.
• You maximize productivity in a constantly changing environment, while balancing an intense customer focus with EARN’s impact objectives
• You are an excellent communicator with the ability to present and champion your ideas to internal stakeholders and external partners and to communicate technological complexities to a non-technical audience
• You excel at running cross-functional teams and enjoy coaching and mentoring team members
WHAT YOU BRING
• BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
• 3+ years of experience as a Product Owner or Technical Product Manager building successful enterprise software products
• Minimum 5 years of professional software engineering experience with hands-on experience of software development and web technologies
Fully paid benefits for employee w/dependent subsidy
Paid vacation/sick time
Minimum Education Required