37 West 26th Street
New Alternatives for Children, Inc. (NAC) is an award-winning not-for-profit agency in Midtown Manhattan, with a satellite Bronx office, dedicated to serving children and families with medical complexities, disabilities, chronic illnesses and behavioral challenges. To assist in achieving this mission, NAC is currently seeking a Bilingual Case Associate to join its Special Medical/Developmental Prevention Program.
The Prevention Program is designed to deliver a range of clinical, case management and supportive services with the goal of ensuring that families receive appropriate support to meet their children’s physical, developmental, educational, social/emotional, and mental health needs.The Bilingual Case Associate will assist social workers with casework activities and administrative case related tasks. The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal and organizational skills and share a commitment to family preservation and resilience. This is a home and community-based program so the candidate must be flexible with the ability to work independently and flex their hours to meet the needs of youth and parents. This position offers a highly rewarding opportunity to build strong relationships with at-risk families and an exciting opportunity to be part of an innovative multidisciplinary team composed of pediatricians, nurses, psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, mental health counselors, education and recreation specialists, and more!
Program: Special Medical/Developmental Preventive Services
Description of Responsibilities:
· Accompany clients to appointments such as Public Assistance, Medicaid, housing court, schools, IEP meetings, and medical appointments. Provide support, advocacy, and Spanish translation as needed.
· Engage and support families in bringing their children to scheduled medical visits at the agency’s Medical Clinic and Medical Mobile Unit.
· Provide Spanish translation for monolingual clients interacting with non-bilingual agency staff.
· Joint home visits with Master’s-level Case Planners to provide age and developmentally appropriate play with children while Case Planner speaks with parent.
· Provide parent education services to assist families with in-home structure and parent-child interactions.
· Contact schools, doctors, in-home service providers, mental health, substance abuse and domestic violence programs to gather ongoing information on clients’ service needs.
· Assist clients in obtaining grants and benefits as needed.
· Document all of the above in a state-wide computer system.
· Assist with case management and case-related administrative tasks, including filing, chart reviews, and data entry using the agency’s electronic health record.
· Participate in case reviews, weekly supervisory sessions, and department meetings and trainings.
Required Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field
· Prior experience working with families in a child welfare setting is preferred
· Bilingual in Spanish language
· Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and engagement skills
· Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and work independently
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual Spanish required
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply:
Please indicate “Manhattan Bilingual Case Associate “in the subject line when applying. Please submit cover letter and resume to:
Mary Ann Code
Human Resource Department
New Alternative for Children Inc.
37 West 26th Street, 6th Floor
New York, NY 10010
For information on New Alternatives for Children, Inc., including more information on employee benefits and our agency culture, visit our website at www.nackidscan.org
New Alternatives for Children, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion.