425 Lafayette Street
The Public Theater is seeking Assistant Production Managers for our production management team. These positions are salaried, full-time, and overtime-eligible.
· Assist the Production Manager on assigned production(s), working with creative, producing, and production staff to realize the production within the agreed budget parameters and available resources
· Collaborate closely with the show team (Producer, Company Manager, Production Manager, and Stage Manager) to support a smooth production process
· Schedule and coordinate meetings, record and distribute meeting notes, general filing and organization
· Coordinate rehearsal room load-ins, load-outs, and daily production work with supervision from the Production Manager
· Attend production meetings, staff meetings, and other meetings as needed
· Collaborate with and assist other Production Management staff as necessary
· Hire and supervise over-hire labor and interns as needed
· Complete other duties as assigned
· 1-2 years of stage management, production management, or comparable experience
· Excellent organization, problem solving, and communication skills
· Experience building collaborative relationships with people across diverse cultural backgrounds
· Interest in pursuing a career in production management
· Some evening and weekend hours
· Positive attitude is a must
The Public is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
This is a Non-Exempt position, according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com with the subject line “Fall 2018 APM Search.”
Minimum Education Required