Van Alen Institute seeks an experienced full-time Executive Assistant act as a core member of a midsized nonprofit to provide executive support. We are looking for an accomplished organizer who can keep a fast-paced management team, executive, and board calendars on track with an energetic and professional approach. The ideal candidate has demonstrated experience in managing an Executive calendar, is committed to the work of the Institute, which explores how design impacts our everyday lives, and is interested in a long-term position. We’re looking for someone that can answer yes! to the following questions:
· Are you a calendar management guru?
· Can you keep several important projects moving at once while addressing endless interruptions?
· Are you a nimble problem-solver, able to tackle unexpected setbacks without missing a beat?
· Can you stay ten steps ahead of your manager?
· The Executive Assistant will be the lead point person for the Executive Director’s calendar, strategically scheduling and coordinating meetings and travel as needed. The position will also provide general support to the members of the management team.
· The Executive Assistant will provide key support for the Board of Trustees, Board Committees, and Van Alen Councils including: scheduling meetings; supporting the executive management team and staff in pre-meeting planning and follow-up; producing meeting and presentation materials; maintaining files and records; and tracking attendance.
Our ideal candidate is an exceptional multi-tasker who can gracefully juggle the competing demands of a fast-paced office environment with organization and good humor and who is committed to Van Alen’s work.
· Thrives in supporting a team, bringing energy, experience, and order to a fast-paced environment
· Executive calendar management
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Accomplished communication with key stakeholders and high level professionals
· Professional, prompt, and reliable
· Pleasant personality and strong interpersonal relationship skills
· Organized, able to multi-task and maintain confidentiality
· Attention to detail
· Computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and databases
· Aptitude for design and familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite software
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume as a pdf to email@example.com with Executive Assistant in the subject line. Due to the volume of receipts, only qualified applicants will be contacted. Salary is commensurate with experience and includes a competitive benefits package. Van Alen Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
Please visit www.vanalen.org for more information.