7 North Pleasant Street
ABOUT EL Education
EL Education is a leading K-12 education non-profit that is meeting the national challenge to raise student achievement. Combining challenging work with the joy of discovery and pride in mastery, EL offers the education we would want for every child: one that prepares citizens with both the skills and the character necessary for success throughout college, work and life.
Our portfolio of instructional materials and coaching services draws on 20+ years of success in more than 160 EL schools, serving 4,000 teachers and 53,000 students in 31 states and Washington D.C. Based on founding principles of meaningful work, character and respect for teachers, EL’s offerings transform teaching and learning to promote habits of scholarship and character that lead to high student achievement, regardless of student background.
In addition to success on standardized tests, EL students demonstrate critical thinking, intellectual courage and emotional resilience; they possess the passion and the capacity to contribute to a better world.
ABOUT THE POSITION
This is a consulting position for approximately 20 hours per week (but hours will likely will increase during summer months). The Program Support Consultant is part of the Program Support and Logistics subgroup of EL Education’s Program Team, and is responsible for procuring, organizing, and shipping materials and supplies to training sites across the country. The Program Support Consultant is responsible for preparation of printed materials, communication with vendors, and oversight of all printed materials, supplies, and related equipment for the organization and provides on-the-ground logistics support for large events. This consulting position reports to the Associate Director of Professional Development Offerings, and has the possibility to expand in the next few years.
Specific responsibilities include:
Order/prepare/ship supplies and materials for Curriculum Services/Professional Services:
- Apprentice to the Program Support Associate regarding existing systems and structures. Coordinate with EL Education staff facilitators and project managers to gather, format, and provide quality control for all materials (e.g., participant notebooks, handouts) for Curriculum Services and Professional Services partners.
- Support EL Education staff facilitators and project managers in navigating/ordering materials from contracted printing service, ensuring that all materials are updated/uploaded properly in vendor platform.
- Communicate with contracted printing service to ensure that all print materials arrive to each training location on time.
- Work with EL Education staff to order all supplies (e.g., AV equipment, books, chart paper, markers, sticky notes, etc.) for Professional Development events.
- Organize, ship, and track all supplies for Professional Services and Curriculum Implementation offerings.
- Manage inventory of fixed and consumable supplies for Professional Services offerings and other Professional Development events as needed.
- Coordinate with project managers to bundle Professional Development supplies to be used in trainings.
- Work with Finance department and appropriate staff members on billing, invoices, inventory, and tracking of expenditures related to Curriculum Implementation offerings (may include accountability for grant spending).
Provide in-person logistics support for large Curriculum Services events:
- Arrive early at Professional Development sites, ensure that materials and supplies have arrived and organize them in the designated staff work space.
- Oversee unpacking and organizing materials for distribution to participants.
- Become familiar with the content of and supporting materials for our standard institutes.
- Assist in securing logistics for staff at events (i.e., reviewing room setup, coordinating meal reservations for staff, etc.).
- Supervising the return shipping of any leftover materials to office inventory.
Support as needed with other materials preparation for internal and partner-facing events:
- Support Program Support Associate around materials and supplies for EL Education’s Network Institutes, Regional Leadership Cohorts, Site-Based Curriculum Institutes, leadership offerings, Staff Gathering/Basecamp (internal events), and National Conference as needed.
- Coordinate with the Program Support Associate in creation and maintenance of online document storage for Curriculum/Professional Services materials.
- Support National Conference, arriving as part of the advance team to handle on-the-ground logistics to ensure a successful event.
- Assist Program Support Associate with supporting large-district Curriculum launches, normally spanning Summer months.
- Assist in maintenance of the EL Online Store and fulfillment of orders.
- Offer support to field staff in creation of EL materials according to the organization’s branding guidelines. Support special projects handled by various departments with merchandise/shipping needs.
A successful candidate will have:
- A two- or four-year college degree (college seniors and graduate students are encouraged to apply)
- An interest in and passion for education and education reform
- Excellent computer skills, including competency in MS Word, Excel, Dropbox, Google Drive
- Strong organization skills and passion for efficient and effective logistics
- A proven ability to manage multiple complex tasks and timelines independently and proactively, with stellar results
- An exceptional ability to advance plan, meet deadlines, track details, and achieve accuracy
- Experience with inventorying, invoicing, and financial accountability is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- A high degree of efficiency, integrity, flexibility, problem-solving, and good humor
- Availability and willingness to ebb and flow with high-intensity work flow
- Ability to regularly lift boxes of approximately 30 lbs.
- Willingness to travel and work flexible hours
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Experience with or open-mindedness to discussions around organizational and academic Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Estimate up to 5 days/month of travel during the school year and up to 12 days/month during the summer
Hourly compensation commensurate with experience. This is a consulting position and it is not eligible for benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
Please submit your resume and one page cover letter in MS Word or PDF format by applying on our website.
In your cover letter, identify the position you are applying for “Program Support Consultant” and how you heard of the job opening and EL Education.
No phone calls please. EL Education will respond only to finalist candidates.
ANTI-DISCRIMINATION POLICY AND COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
EL Education seeks individuals of all backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization and want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort.
EL Education provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees and prohibits discrimination with respect to the hiring or promotion of individuals, conditions of employment, disciplinary and discharge practices, or any other aspect of employment on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, disability, or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. EOE
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Minimum Education Required